IGNORED

It's Gone! - Traded my Venture!

DkKnight

I have completed a trade for my 05 Venture and picked up my new to me 03 Fully loaded BMW K1200LTC. The bike is pacific blue and has anything and everything I could want on it.

The new owner of my bike was given the information regarding this site and hopefully will register an gleen a wealth of information from all of you. If my memory serves me right he is a former roadstar owner and is familiar with Yamaha's in general.

We met in Susanville at the Black Bear diner, had lunch and swapped pink slips, keys and headed home.

His name is Randy Thomas so if you see him come on give him a warm welcome and please don't treat him the way you did me. Unlike me, he is a really nice guy!

The BMW handles like a dream and I actually like the slow speed handling of it better than the RSV. The seating and handlebar positions will take some getting used to.

There are alot of gadgets onboard to figure out too.

I will post pictures soon!

:ice_thy-vi101212101Jack - Thanks for the lead on the bike. It took us several months to get to today due to weather and schedules but it is a done deal.:ice_thy-vi101212101

I will keep sticking my head in from time to time, I know M lurks here all the time. To be honest I haven't been hanging out on any sites of late other than duck hunting and dog training sites since I have recently purchased a male chocolate lab that has just finished his first stint of waterfowl training and is due to go back mid May for the final 3 months of training. I will be hunting him in the upcoming season.

Hey Tom

Congrats on the new scoot!!!!!. I hope you keep hanging around in here once in a while, as we need someone to pick on.....lol!

I hope you and M enjoy the new bike and have lots of fun and good rides on it.

Brian

PS so just when is the start of chocolate lab season anyway?

Guest HdHtr

Hope it works out good for you ... wouldn't of taken this long if you'd a just let us sell that RSV or yours back in Bakersfield ... the BMW is a nice ride!

Hey enjoy that new BMW great handling sport touring bikes. Hey Aren't those BMW's those German bikes that are copues of the 1st Gen. Venture Royale. LOL!:big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew:

You're probably right on that

I've test ridden some of the, but i can't get over the opposing V. I've sat on a LT and my mind was telling the beginning of the the old Chris the Burke Song .. "A Spaceman came travelling .... " :D :D :D

Seriously, congrats on the new Ride and i hope you like it in the long Shot. It's too much off a Spaceship for me. V4 still rules, ever will !!

Congrats on the new ride. BMW K12 is a great ride. I had the pleasure of trying one out a few years ago. My decision between the RSV and the K12 came down to $$$. The K12 handles like a dream, smooth, and...antilock brakes!!

Enjoy it!!

They are nice bikes enjoy the advanced features you wont find on a Yamaha Venture like better looking (except for 1st Gen), electric windshield, heated seats, heated grips, IPOD connection, ABS, great fuel mileage, fuel injection, etc.........................................I could go on but you get the point.

Here are a few pictures of the bike in the garage. Will try to get some of it with a better background when weather permits. It has been crappy weather here all day

[ATTACH]27492[/ATTACH][ATTACH]27493[/ATTACH][ATTACH]27494[/ATTACH][ATTACH]27495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]27496[/ATTACH]