IGNORED

squeeze

mraf

Yes, we're alright over here. Also my Friends and Buddies are not inflicted directly. But it's all over the News and you can't have a Radio or TV-Station today without some Background Stories and "Experts" talking stupid Theories.

It happened at the School 20 Miles away from my Home and the End of the Story was 20 Miles away from my Office. It's a very sad Story. I was working at that School 6 Month ago with my Truck.

You can't "explain" how those Folks tick, it's just too dumb.

And Yes Dan, if he would have kidnapped me on his Escape, i'd shown him a VERY violent Version of a Counterstrike Level.

I'm NOT going to blame those Games and say those should be forbidden, but we sure should finaly acknowledge their Contribution to such Psycho Acts and act accordingly.

A Friend of mine played Counterstrike and America's Army and got more aggressive each Week. I tried to talk him out of that many Times and on 3 Times we had a very heated Discussion about his Behaviour to his Wife, a very long Time Friend of mine, and to his Daughter. Finally I gave up. A half Years Later, his Wife and Daughter were gone and they're divorced now.

This 17 Year old fired 110 Rounds and reloaded the Beretta several Times in a heavy Stress Situation. He sure didn't learn this in the local Gun Club where his Father taught him Shooting the rapid fire Pistol on Occasion.

I continually watch how much time my son spends playing Call of Duty online with his friends. We make sure we can hear the content of the talk going on because we've all heard about what can go on there. He's pretty level-headed (for a 16 yr old, anyway) and knows that we don't accept any behaviour whether here or elsewhere that is deemed excessive or violent. The hammer HAS gone down a couple of times for that type of behaviour.

Glad to hear your ok. Your right about the amount of time these kids nowadays can spend on first person shooter games. They are becoming more and more realistic. My oldest son who is in the army is very,very good at these. Almost to the extreme in reflexes and judgment. Although this can be a plus when used to keep in tune, it raises the question, what purpose on the developing mind are games of pure aggression good for?

My friend Lutz,

Both Jean and I are glad to hear that you and your family are OK!

As some of you may know, Jean works at Target, and is the manager of the Electronics Dept. there. These shooter games are rated by age, and when she sells one, she must put the age and Drivers License Number of the person buying it in the cash register. On several occasions, she has had a young adult, usually a male "flip out" when they are told that they are not old enough to buy the game. More than once, security has had to remove the person from the store. Plus a few times the parent of the "child" has come to the store the next day and thrown their own "tantrum" in the store as well.:doh:

Makes you wonder...

Earl and Jean

Glad to hear your ok. Your right about the amount of time these kids nowadays can spend on first person shooter games. They are becoming more and more realistic. My oldest son who is in the army is very,very good at these. Almost to the extreme in reflexes and judgment. Although this can be a plus when used to keep in tune, it raises the question, what purpose on the developing mind are games of pure aggression good for?

Lt Col Dave Grossman an army psychologist I believe doesnt like these games for kids. Ive heard him speak a few times real interesting guy. I've played these games as a kid but I've never shot or beat up anyone. I'm not convinced that they have this effect personally.

I think maybe some of this has to do with kids getting picked on and pushed to the edge. Kids can be brutal to each other if they are "different". I dont think schools/teachers do enough in this regard to stop bullying. Most of the kids involved in this type of behavior were picked on or massively screwed with and become depressed. Parent style I also think has something to do with this. Our inner cities have this problem Chicago has tons of gang violence and we have many more gun restrictions then most of the country. Kids dont have father figures or parents are drug addicts or they let them run around at all hours of the night or they learn this from the parents who also were gang bangers. They need some good role models and the kids don't have them. Good to hear your Ok. I live about 10 miles away from the Nothern Illinois Univesity school shooting. My wife's co-worker actually knew the shooter.

Thanks Guys for thinking about us !! !!

I've heard a Lot of Background Stories about this Freak and a Lot of BS. I can't tell the Difference anymore.

There are too much "Good People" involved and some of these are very "Expert".

I made up my Mind already on my own, without any of those self-declared Experts. My Conclusion is that we have to accept these Things to happen, just because we Adults live a different Life and the Rules of our Lives are interpreted in too many Ways nowadays. What is right for the most of us will make up a good Opportunity for a Father or a Mother to sue the Teacher, the School, the State and everybody else. I.E. We have had a Discussion and Laws about a Holy Cross placed the Wall of Class Rooms. This is "offending" to non Christian Believers and they had to do away the Cross in Germany, except Bavaria, which is holding a pending Law Suit. We have had Laws and Law Suit against wearing Head Cloth of Teachers and Students and on and on and on just about anything which could be argued about. These have been up to Supreme Court.

There is no commonly accepted Set of Rules anymore and what can we expect from Folks like "figure Skating Moms" and "Tennis Daddy" (this is a negative Term, because those Parents will do everything to make the Kids high-flying). They will walk over anything just to get the Agenda done and achieve the Goals they set, even if the Kids is actually uncapable of the Thing he should sucess. On the other End of the Range are Kids and Parents which don't even speak the official Language and Parents who even forbid their Kids to learn the Language. There are a Lot russian Emmigrants recently and Violence and Alcohol(Vodka) is very used to these Kids. It usually ends up in handfist Discussions and more quite often. The Spread is too wide and inbetween, the Sociecty will loose one or two Kids.

These Games are not all evil, but in my Opinion, they add some "Reality" to already freak minded People and it's a good Training for them.

My Question would be, if the IT-Industry is able to make up Control Mechanism for Digital Rights Management, they should be able to integrate a small Controller Program which integrates in the Software and when specific Game Times per Day, say 4 Hours a Day are triggered, they decrease the a allowed Time of Use. If each Software would have such a Program integated required on a common Basis, the User even could switch between Programs every ten Minutes and they would add up Up Time anyway. I'm aware of all those Things can be hacked and altered, but anyway this should be a first Line of Defense for the blood shedding Software Industry worldwide. They should be forced to secure that Program as much as they want to secure their Program from illegal Copies or more.

I say it again, those of you who have been in Combat or Gunfights in Line of Duty, think about the reloading Situation. A 17 Year old Boys acts cold blooded like a routined Killer, changing Clip for Clip and reloading empty Clips whenever there Time inbetween? News reports say he carried 260 Rounds with him. This is not what a Boy could "learn" in occasional rapid Fire Target Pistol Training on a Shooting Range. This takes a Lot more and other Practice.

Edited by Squeeze