IGNORED

Painted the Unigo this weekend

Midrsv

My Unigo trailer was black which matched my '04 Midnight when I bought it. Now that I have the blue '07 it bothered me that the trailer didn't match. So, a friend of mine helped me paint the upper 2/3rds of the trailer this weekend. That PPG paint stuff is expensive. It turned out pretty good. The color match is good but the finish isn't as glossy as I had expected. I've been told that I can polish it to a higher gloss once the paint cures for a few weeks. Attached is a poor photo of it. I still need to add a tape pin stripe at the color break similar to the bike. The paint store couldn't find a paint code so they used a device to scan the bike's paint and then mixed the paint to match. I'll post a better photo once I'm finished with it.

DT

Guest tx2sturgis

UNIGO.....mmmm........UNIGO.....( said to the tune of Homer Simpsons famous mmmm....BEEER! phrase.)

Dang I want one of those...but hard to pay 3 grand for it. Sure looks nice. I bet it pulls like a dream.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks pretty darn good if you ask me Dennis. Looks just like the bike does.

I bet if you didn't say anything no one would have noticed, but NOW you went and done it..

Everyone knows........:stickpoke:

Just kidding...

It does match very well though.

I learned that B2dad is quite handy at polishing and buffing motorcycle parts to get them looking really glossy again...:whistling:

Okay, it is neat, good job on the paint! BUT....how hard is it to back up or do ya just unhook it when you got to? Just wonderin', ya know?:whistling:

You can back it up with slight inputs. If you turn to sharp the universal locks and the trailer tire just scoots on the pavement. Sometimes when I'm getting ready to mount the bike and I know I have to back a particular direction I just pick the trailer up and move it in the direction I need to back.

Dennis

Look great!

What do you think about that trailer? I think it would be a great idea but have not known anyone that has one.

Tim

Surprised this thread resurfaced. I painted it about 18 months ago. I have mixed feelings about the trailer.

The positives:

It's small and my wife can't pack 500 lbs to push me down the road.

It fits through hotel room doors so I can roll it into the room at night.

It's light weight empty and loaded so it doesn't hurt the braking and acceleration too much.

The negatives:

Too much tounge weight to suit me, about 1/3rd of the total trailer weight, 40 to 50 lbs when loaded.

You have to balance the weight of the trailer along with the bike and passenger and it can get a little tricky in parking lots and around gas pumps.

Costs you a lot of time at stops from all of the other riders wanting to come over and check it out.

Way too expensive for what it is.

Dennis