IGNORED

Indicating Valve Stem Caps

Vance

Anyone familiar with the Accu-Pressure indicating valve stem caps? Looks like they would make checking tire pressure easy, but are they reliable?

http://www.accupressurecaps.com/Low-Pressure-Caps-Single;jsessionid=0a0106431f43276de774084b4b2d8833aa77bd78599d.e3eSc3eMbxuPe34Pa38Ta38Qahb0

http://media.primetimesolutions.net/products/MACP01/images/MACP01.large.jpg

I've got a set of those in a drawer. I put them on for a while but just didn't feel comfortable with the fact that they have to compress the valve stem to work and I wasn't confident that they would not leak. Didn't see any evidence that they did but just decided I didn't like the idea.

I don't know of any experienced rider who would trust his tires to something mechanical as this.

I guess I am old fashioned because I check my tire pressures by hand with a good reliable tire gauge.

Boomer.....who can bend over for specific reasons but exercises great caution around certain men.:whistling:

These were on my venture when I brought it in Dec. The previous owner said he had no problems with them. I put them on my wifes 1100 and my sons R6. So far no problems, my son & I ride every day to work, so its nice for a real quick check. But I have checked atleast once a week to monitor the pressure. Hoping they hold up.

I tried two different sets. After awhile they start to leak. I don't trust them.

How long before they leaked? Obviously you can tell when they stop holding air, but Bruce has been using his for a couple of years.

I use them on the cages, great for a Quick check, have had no problem with them. Have a set on one of the VR, however you can not use "Ride On" with the guages and I think I like the idea of using "Ride On" better. :canada::canada::canada: