IGNORED

What are your thoughts on this trailer?

Oldseadog

I came across an ad in a magazine for these trailers, and had to check them out. They look as if they would tow quite well. I'm wondering if they would cause any wobble. I see they are solidly mounted to the hitch of the bike, or the bike frame. They don't look very big, though I suppose all trailers for bikes are small. Here's the link

http://www.thirdwheeltrailers.com/index.php/home

And they're Canadian

I sure hope this works

I've seen 'em in action and they appear to trail well enough behind the bike. But I've never pulled one nor had the opportunity to talk to anyone who has. In my opinion, the center of gravity is too high. I'd like to see the wheel tucked up a little higher into the box, but that in itself could present some maintenance difficulties and severely limit the amount of shock travel when absorbing bumps.

I have never pulled a commercial one but I built one that is similar except the box is not as pretty. Mine doesn't have a suspension. When I am pulling it I forget it is back there sometimes. I pulled it to Duluth,MN last summer and my riding buddy said it looked very well behaved behind me. I also got just as good gas mileage as without it. In a strong wind I get blown a little more but not bad. At slow speeds it is a little more weight on a already heavy bike. Since I don't pull it that often I usually pull into a church parking lot up the street and do a few figure 8s and circles to get used to it. About 3 minutes worth.

Very similar in design to the Unigo, and I know we have a couple of members here that pull the Unigo and love them. Talk with Dennis Traynor (MidRSV) in Kentucky, I know he has one and me thinks he put up a thread about his. I am going to make a single wheel trailer here shortly , so if it's something you can afford I would say do it

:happy34:

I like the concept as well, but was wondering how you keep the tongue weight down? Am I wrong, or is half the weight of the trailer & cargo on the tongue? It's not like you can load behind the axle to balance the weight...

I looked at the literature on all the single wheel trailers I could find. I just ordered the uni-go to tow behind my 06 RSV, It is being painted the Black Cherry color. I agree they are too much money for what they are but they look like quality to me, I also order a spare set of wheel bearings just to have. Some have said they were a problem.Totaled $2700 Someone posted that Napa sells a wheel bearing that will fit ( hope they will post that info again). I guess that when i go out to have fun with one of my toys, not having it work well just takes the fun out of the whole thing, so I would rather pay a little more and get what i want. Also from what i read on this site, should i decide that i don't want it any more, selling it should not be a problem, so the real cost to own is not that much. Time will tell

• 2 weeks later...