IGNORED

Comparaison of fees

ti-lou

Hello you all:

In order to establish a comparaison of fees between motorbike users across the country (Canada). Please send me the fees related ot the use of a motorbike in your province. For instance, the cost of insurance(in full) for a motorbike RSV_2007, the cost of a motorbike driver's licence and finally the cost of license plates for your bike (all taxes included).

Thanks for your feedback

Ti-Lou

Hi There

For my 2006 venture

Plates $80 / year

Insurance $1350.00/year full coverage ($1000 deductible)

Just public Liability $650/year

Fire and Theft for the winter months is $50/mth

We can't insure for just the riding season it has to be for the full 12 month term....they say that bulk of the premiums are used during the peak months June - September.

I'm 50 with a fairly clean driving record (1 speeding ticket last yr in car) and have had a m/c lic since 1975

Hope this helps

Keith

Fire and Theft for the winter months is $50/mth

Our rates are about the same here in BC; however, I discovered something about the difference between Specified Perils (basically fire & theft) and Comprehensive (basically anything other than collision or liability). If your vehicle is stolen (or for that matter, catches on fire)... if you have Specified Perils then it has to be a full write-off to have any coverage whereas if you have Comprehensive, any damage suffered is covered.

I found this out when I went to insure my scoot for the winter and was discussing the differences with the Ins agent soas to see what the pricing difference was.

WOW thats high, I'm in the U.S. and I only pay about $16 for plate and I have two bikes one is costing me $130 a year and the other is $350 for full coverage.:mo money:

I'm not sure about Keith but here in BC, it's Government run insurance ... no competition ...unionized...they charge whatever they please more or less.

About $440.00 a year for insurance on my 2 bikes. ( Progressive )

About $50 each for the Plates.

$5.00 a year for the MC endorsement on my Drivers licence.

However, on the insurance, a persons age, makes a big difference. I'm sure everybody is aware of that .

1400 for the bike..full coverage including plates.

My license is no differant...40 bucks if you have merits. More if you dont.

I am 51 with full merits (5) and the prices listed are including the discounts I get for have merits.

Again...government insurance...no competition. Got us by the gonads!

Goes up about 8-15 percent for bikes every year...almost automatic..just because.

No choices here either i have to deal with SGI

my insurance and plates for the bike is 695 yrly with 500 deductible and a million liability, but last year i only licensed it for 6 months after it broke. I put storage insurance with value of 5000 bucks on it as an add on to my home policy for 50 bucks a year. My drivers licence is 25 bucks a year, clean abstract, 51 year old.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Guest BluesLover

Ontario:

Bike license plate: $42/yr

Driver's license annual renewal: $75/yr

Insurance on 06 RSV: $850/yr incl. taxes (have to pay for all 12 months)

(that was for $1M Liability, $500 collision deductible, $500 comprehensive deductible

Cheers,

Lou

Ontario:

Bike license plate: $42/yr

Driver's license annual renewal: $75/yr

Insurance on 06 RSV: $850/yr incl. taxes (have to pay for all 12 months)

(that was for $1M Liability, $500 collision deductible, $500 comprehensive deductible

Cheers,

Lou

Lou I don't understand the $75/yr for the license?? Just renewd mine good till 2013

$42 for the license tag.

Ins with Riders Plus $735 on my 02 RSVM

Guest BluesLover
Lou I don't understand the $75/yr for the license?? Just renewd mine good till 2013

$42 for the license tag.

Ins with Riders Plus $735 on my 02 RSVM

The $42 is for the plate.

I screwed up on the License renewal part though - the $75 renews your driver's license for 5 years (not 1 as previously posted).

Sorry for the confusion.

in alberta the motorcycle license is just part of the drivers license.

plates cost $48 a year.

insurance varies depending on what you get. I pay $106 a year but that is just $1M PL/PD. If it get stolen or wrecked it's just gone. I live out of town and my last ticket was in 1993.

My friend has collision and all perils on a new C50 and is paying $800 just for insurance.