IGNORED

How to clean a Clearview windshield

I recently received and installed a Clearview windshield. What does everyone use to clean thiers??? The instructions say to soak a towel with water, and then wring the cloth over the shield while scraping the bug remnants with your hand. I have no problem with that, but imagine the mess it makes on your fairinf and fender... Any suggestions???

I recently received and installed a Clearview windshield. What does everyone use to clean thiers??? The instructions say to soak a towel with water, and then wring the cloth over the shield while scraping the bug remnants with your hand. I have no problem with that, but imagine the mess it makes on your fairinf and fender... Any suggestions???

I use Pledge. Spray it on. Have a smoke, then wipe of with Baby diaper. Really removes bugs and leaves a film that will help bead water.

The key to minimum abrasion on the windshield is to let your cleaner, whatever you use, soak for a bit. That softens the bugs and they'll wipe off without any scraping. If it runs down onto the fairing and fender while it's soaking, you'll have to clean those off too.

I take an old towel (covers the entire windshield) and wet it down, then wring it out so that it holds the water without running. I lay the wet towel over the windshield for about 5 min and then use the towel to gently rub off any remaining bug grime. I then use a second towel to wipe off any residual water and filth. Be careful to wipe in one direction and a circular motion can eventually leave swirls in/on the windshield.

Finally I use pledge to do the final cleaning/protecting. The pledge will help water run off as well as reduce bugs ability to stick to the windshield the next go round. It also seems to help reduce the visual effects of any marks on the windshield.

Dave

I would use a microfiber cloth available at Walmart and your choice of cleaner. I have been using Kawi's 'Wipe Down' for a long time and it works great all around the bike. Oh yes, Pledge does wonders and it really works great on windshields.