IGNORED

It warmed up today...and then it snowed money.

Snaggletooth

Maybe it's just that I have lived in this city too long and have trouble seeing the good in a lot of people these days. But tonight I was watching the news and maybe I need to give it another chance.

This afternoon it did warm up to the 50's. A long way up from where it has been. Some bikes where out and enjoying the weather.

A motorcyclist was riding out at 132nd and Pacific when some motorists noticed money was falling out of his pocket and blowing all over the street. Busy area, 4 lanes and lots of traffic. Some drivers stopped and started grabbing up the money and a couple others took off and chased the guy down and stopped him. When he returned to the area the people that had picked up the cash were waiting for him. YES! I said they were waiting.

He had lost $2,500 in $100 bills out of his pocket. He got it all back except a single $100 bill.

I think the LEO's that finally arrived were more shocked than he was. There are still some honest people out there. I just wish there were more of them.

Now that's the kind of stories I wish we would see on the Evening News!! :cool10:

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of "the sky is falling" drivel being thrown at us on a daily basis by the New Media?

Boomer........who always sees the glass as half full.

It's great to hear they gave him back his money, but what popped out at me was: What in the world was he doing just stuffing that much cash in a pocket and taking off on a bike? Maybe it's just because I'm so poor, but if it was me I would have had that money zipped up, snapped shut, and chained to my belt before heading into a highway speed headwind.

I really don't think this story is about the biker, but about the people that held his money for him. We hear about the few who are in it for a profit, or personal gain at all costs, but I believe that the majority of us care about what is right and true. But who wants to broadcast whats good and honest...it doesn't sell or make a profit!

We had 3 highway workers that found a tire full of money, $130,000 worth, and they turned it into LEO. Drug dog took a hit on it, but they already knew what it was the way it was packed. A lot of people in a survey said they would have kept it, but these guys did the right thing. Who knows who would have come back for it? The state ended up giving them commendations and a thousand bucks each for being honest. Fits right in with your people out there, I'd say.

Dan

Thanks for the post. I know there are a lot of good people running around, they just don't make the new very often. It's a sad comment on our society that so many were "surprised" by what these bood honest people did.

I used to work at Vancouver airport. A lot of money would be shipped back and forth for the banks, etc. Things were very loose and sometimes a bag would break. The brass would immediately panic. We would always gather up the money and slip in a few extra coins or a couple bills just to f... with their minds.

I used to work at Vancouver airport...We would always gather up the money and slip in a few extra coins or a couple bills just to mess with their minds.

That's just plain funny. Don't even want to know what you did with the luggage!!!:rotfl::rotfl: