IGNORED

Anti-theft alarms

Okay, first off, I did a search on this topic and haven't found a single thread about alarms. Nothing under 'alarms', 'anti theft' or 'security devices' so if I've erred, sue me! Now that we got that out of the way..........

Living in a so-so neighbourhood, with a one car garage/one truck driveway, I pretty well need to leave my bike outside at the front of the house cause the missus just doesn't have the strength to move it around when she leaves for work. Since I don't have any neighbours with Harley's to park next to (think about it! *L*), I have to leave my ride out there sitting all alone when I'm off to work. Soooooo.....I've been researching a few alarms for the bike and wonder if anyone out there could offer me some advice. The one I'm leaning towards is the Scorpio Alarm SR-i600 FM 2-Way Paging Security System with Anti-Hijack, Perimeter Sensor, Battery Back-up (and more) from cruisercustomizing.com. Anyone familiar with this alarm? It gets some pretty good reviews. Got some better suggestions? Thanks again in advance......

Bluez :cool17:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Very good! I could live with that but........I'm from Canada.

:canada:

The only ones who have guns for security besides the cops are the gang-bangers. Us ordinary folk trying to protect our families and our properties don't get that kind of privilige!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Very good! I could live with that but........I'm from Canada.

:canada:

The only ones who have guns for security besides the cops are the gang-bangers. Us ordinary folk trying to protect our families and our properties don't get that kind of privilige!

Oh sorry.......I misread your location for Mississippi.......

Boomer.....who has the guns,shovels, and gumption to use em.

I prefer a 45 ACP with Federal Hydro-shock ammo.

No false alarms waking the neighbors.

I hear you get insurance discounts with electronic alarms...it that correct?

Edited by CMIKE
forgot something

I prefer a 45 ACP with Federal Hydro-shock ammo.

Got 2 of those....plus a good supply of Glaser slugs.

Question to stay within the thread topic: Do those alarm systems pull a lot of juice out of the battery?

Boomer....who's current alarm system is a 160 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Okay, first off, I did a search on this topic and haven't found a single thread about alarms. Nothing under 'alarms', 'anti theft' or 'security devices' so if I've erred, sue me! Now that we got that out of the way..........

Living in a so-so neighbourhood, with a one car garage/one truck driveway, I pretty well need to leave my bike outside at the front of the house cause the missus just doesn't have the strength to move it around when she leaves for work. Since I don't have any neighbours with Harley's to park next to (think about it! *L*), I have to leave my ride out there sitting all alone when I'm off to work. Soooooo.....I've been researching a few alarms for the bike and wonder if anyone out there could offer me some advice. The one I'm leaning towards is the Scorpio Alarm SR-i600 FM 2-Way Paging Security System with Anti-Hijack, Perimeter Sensor, Battery Back-up (and more) from cruisercustomizing.com. Anyone familiar with this alarm? It gets some pretty good reviews. Got some better suggestions? Thanks again in advance......

As a rider who parks the RVS in open parking at work and in the driveway, I put in the Scorpio alarm SR-i600. Find if very useful in the general parking around work and actually goes off with people get close because of the perimeter alarm. The 2-way pager rattles on my desk when this happens as well, as within the transmit range.

Good investment. Insurance company might even provide a discount because of on board alarm.

:Venture:

SORRY, it was the i900 model from Scorpio. Bought it direct as was not in Canada when I purchased back in June 08.

Main unit, under the drives seat (behind side covers) and permimeter sensor on top of the battery under the seat.

Great unit. Use it all the time when parked.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i900/

Edited by thecount

Same here....just installed a Scorpio i900 on my 09 RSV. I especially like the perimeter alarm - keeps little hands from getting too close to my bike. Pretty easy to install, but you've got to figure where you want to put the main unit. I put mine under the passenger seat and it works great there.

David

• 2 months later...

If I was in that situation, my next best alternative would be to build a separate small garage for the bike close to the driveway. My co-worker after having to live in an apartment for years and recently purchased an RSTD, he is now in the process of closing on his first house for the sake of his bike. :backinmyday:

Oh sorry.......I misread your location for Mississippi.......

Boomer.....who has the guns,shovels, and gumption to use em.

Are you trying to say that in missippi we would do that kind of thing, you are right my friend.:hihi:

I have a Scorpio alarm unit on my Venture as well, and I like it a lot. The pager doesn't work in my office (distance, concrete, slot machines between the bike and me), but it's worked at Olive Garden with gawkers (I know it's the best looking bike out there but please - leave some breathing room for her!) and once when I lived in the apartment, I think a Crow landed on/near the bike, triggering the alarm.

I second the thing about the guy now buying a house - that was a 'must' when my fiancee and I were house shopping a year ago - minimum of a one car garage (well, a three bike garage, but I've put three bikes and a car in there already!).:whistling:

Here you go. This is a great alternative I think.

http://www.cycleshell.com/

I really like that product. This may be Bluesman's best alternative based on his current location. If I am not mistaken, you can actually make the 'cycleshell' have a semi-permanent protection as it can be secured on the ground. Just be ready to haul that 72 lbs. cover in the garage once you ride away on a nice day. :322:

I installed the Scorpio i900 on my 99 RSV it works great and was easy to install

Don't know if it's available up north or if there are other similar devices, but what about Lojack? It's a vehicle tracking device, plus alarm system. I know that insurance companies also offer discounts with the device installed.

I looked at buying a Talon alarm and couldn't get any satisfaction from them. This is the reply I received today on my inquiry. Too bad looked like a good product at a reasonable price.

Nope, thats the last of them... forever. All other models will be sold out in the next month and we are shutting down for the summer.

Brad

Oh Well !

Keith