IGNORED

Harley Davidson seeking federal bailout funds

ediddy

They did it in the early eighties. I said then I would not buy one and I stand on that. It is not that they make a bad bike as I have many friends that ride them and I have ridden them also. But everytime they get in trouble someone bails them out. Just my thoughts.

Guest tx2sturgis
They did it in the early eighties. ..... But everytime they get in trouble someone bails them out. Just my thoughts.

Actually that wasnt a federal 'bailout'. In 1983 they asked for and got a 45% tariff on imported Japanese bikes over 700cc.

I think everyone is wanting free money! I just read in the papaer how the oil companies are saying they may go bank rupt if the price of gas doesnt go up and they are holding tankers off shore and not wanting them to come in till the oil goes up. I could have swore last year they put the country in this mess and made record profit that no other company has made but they are broke???? Just goes to show that if you try to help out a couple of places they all think they should get some too.

Just a couple of thoughts from a Guy from Virginia about bailouts!...NOT ME...Although I agree with his thoughts....

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not…. “Thomas Jefferson”

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principal which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world….. “Thomas Jefferson”

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them… “Thomas Jefferson”

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government…. “Thomas Jefferson”

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

Timely "Me Thinks"....

George In "Lynchburg" Virginia

:innocent-emoticon:

Its beginning to sound like from D.C. that sombody is promising Mana From Heaven.

And too many folks are believing the story

Sorry folks, but sooner or later we are going to have to write a check for the Mana !! ( did I spell that correctly ?? )

Or, your son's and daughters will have to 20 years from now.

Just a couple of thoughts from a Guy from Virginia about bailouts!...NOT ME...Although I agree with his thoughts....

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not…. “Thomas Jefferson”

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principal which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world….. “Thomas Jefferson”

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them… “Thomas Jefferson”

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government…. “Thomas Jefferson”

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

Timely "Me Thinks"....

George In "Lynchburg" Virginia

:innocent-emoticon:

Jefferson was a very wise man, wasn't he:thumbsup:

Jefferson was a very wise man, wasn't he:thumbsup:

I second that Statement !! He was i wise Man and a Lot of People should read his Statements and live up to them. Talking about a real Change ...

I'd like to tell you what i've done this Year, being in Work since Jan., 12. ...

I spend 4 out of 5 Days last Week evaluating a new Software (the old Manufacturer went out of Business because he couldn't stand the new Requirements anymore) for calculating Wage Accounting and Personnel Administration and for bringing the adminstrational Acts from 2008 to an End.

This Week is spent 1.5 Days on bringing up the chosen Software to needed Data and process the Governmental Requirements. It will be another Day this Week before i'm done. Working for the Company i own and run ??? You can figure the Rest of the Time on your own.