IGNORED

Morgan Carbtune worked Great!

sargergp

Hello everybody. Well I followed your advice about the vibration problem in the passenger seat. I bought the Morgan Carbtune Pro and I used it today. As you can see in the photos below, my #1&2 carbs were way off from each other as well as from #3&4 which were almost even. I also discovered the two vaccum caps were cracked and replaced them.

Goose, I did what you said about working with them at about 1k and up around highway rpms. This carbtune works like a gem. It was well worth the $95 U.S. that it cost me. And that included Air shipment from Ireland which took only 9 days from the day I placed the order.

The bike runs and feels totally different now. It starts easier, idles smoother, which had to be lowered considerably from where it had been, and now my RK pipes sound a lot smoother on deceleration than they did before. Hopefully I will also see some mileage improvement like others have after synchronizing their carbs. This bike had 24k on it when I bought it last August and I doubt it had ever even been checked. It has 28k on it now and I hadn't even thought about it until you good folks on this site put me onto it. I'll be checking it every oil change from now on as it will only take about 20 minutes to do it now that I'm familiar with the location of everything involved.

Thanks again for all your help.

:thumbsup2:

Don't know yet about her opinion, she's getting over a strained muscle so it'll be a few days before she tries it out.

It is not nice to rub it in about going for a ride in a few days. We are getting another 6-8 inches of snow so it will be a few months before we get out again.

Looks like it was off quite a bit, hope this works to make it better for her.

Brad

• 5 weeks later...

Well, for those of you who were watching this thread before, heres a new post. The carb sync worked great and with the new tires to get rid of the tar snake/line seam wiggles the wife is finally happy with the ride again. But as some of you have seen in my post in the tech forum, it appears that I still have problems, most likely either floats or coil or both. It just don't purr like a V4 should (and I wear hearing aids) and the mileage seems to be worse than before. Well, I'm too hard headed to give up on it and too tight to take it to the stealer until I know for certain if it's warranty or not. So I'll just keep testing as time allows and I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. Has anyone had good luck using the colortune system? I'm not new to mechanics, but I'm still a little wet behind the ears on motorcycles.

2 major culprits there that you took care of, many never think of the vaccume caps or lines. I'm sure this will make a huge difference in the feel of your bike for both of you

:thumbsup2:

YUP!, The rubber, caps, I talk about those a lot, hard to get folks to listion.

Where do you get the Carbtune Pro. I got one of those Motionpro POS...IT seemed to work fine but then I could not get a reading above idle... IT would try to suck all the fluid out. Ah...yes the Restricters are installed in the hoses.

I looked on the web...seems you order them from overseas somewhere...

Where is the best and cheapest place to get a Carbtune Pro?

Guest tx2sturgis

I got mine here...you can find some slightly better deals, but I wanted to consolidate an order from them, and I ordered a few other goodies along with the carbtune. They had it to my door in about a week.

You dont need to order any other adapters, the included tubing plugs right onto the ports on the Venture. An extra-long phillips screwdriver, and a mid length standard screwdriver are all you need, along with the instructions you can find on synchronizing the carbs you can find on this site. I didnt use a tach. (I know what 1000-1200 rpm sounds like.)

Just follow the simple directions for assembling the tubing, and youre all set.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CST&Category_Code=MORGAN

Edited by tx2sturgis

The Carbetune is made and sold by Morgan.

Morgan Carbtune Ltd. is located in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Click HERE to go to their website.

I think they only sell direct, but you could search the Internet for Carbtune

You might pick one up used on eBay. but make sure it is a 4 channel unit as Morgan made some 2 channel units.

Here is an idea: coordinate a Meat and Eat in your area, and ask all who show up if they have one............. it helps to cut the learning curve too.

Thanks...I have completed the sync job already but could not do one off idle, thats when my Motion pro POS showed its real colors. They are pretty close to perfect at idle but rev it and I do not know what is going on.

I saw found the website from over seas but was not sure how the money exchange would happen. I have heard scary stories where folks get these large and strange fees converting the currency.

Thanks again.

You Can definitely get a better price on the Carbtune Pro if you buy from Morgan! They have a special on the Pro plus the Pouch. I actually just got the Carbtune Pro without the pouch and purchased a small plastic tool box from Wally-World for $3.97 and now I don't have to disconnect the tubes every time I put it away, plus I think it is much better protected. also there was a top tray in the tool box that holds all of the adapters nicely. Here's the link to Morgan:

http://www.carbtune.com/

As we speak the "special" with the Carbtune Pro and the Pouch is $88.24US and I think it was about $5.00 to ship (Maybe a little less). Mine came in about 6 days and was very securely packaged. The Carbtune Pro by its self is $78.27US. What a difference it made in the performance of both my 87'VR and 86'VR. definitely a MUST HAVE item.

I hope you find this information useful,

Earl

Roy, I have to agree with Brad, bring it in and let them at least look at it. I am not a real fan of the Colortune although I never owned one.

All the best in finding the problem. Never did the floats on these but you should be able to do it. I think there is a couple good tech Bulletins on the site.

Brad

Where do you get the Carbtune Pro. I got one of those Motionpro POS...IT seemed to work fine but then I could not get a reading above idle... IT would try to suck all the fluid out. Ah...yes the Restricters are installed in the hoses.

I looked on the web...seems you order them from overseas somewhere...

Where is the best and cheapest place to get a Carbtune Pro?

I ordered it direct from Morgan in Belfast, Ireland. The transaction was the best I've ever done with anyone. I paid online with credit card and it was in my mailbox nine days later. Ordered it with the case to store everything in and at the current exchange rate with the conversion fee it cost me a total of $95. That's about equal to what it would cost to have the sync done one time at a dealer.

I ordered it direct from Morgan in Belfast, Ireland. The transaction was the best I've ever done with anyone. I paid online with credit card and it was in my mailbox nine days later. .

Agree with this comment. The people over there sure know how to ship stuff. I got mine in about 9 days as well and it was at the beginning of December right in the busy postal season.

Real easy to use as well.

BRad