IGNORED

New Norton, From Oregon Company

GeorgeS

The company fabricates the entire bike, frame, and engine. It looks similar to the original.

Engine cases. are 1/2 in thick material, instead of 1/4.

They build then entire Engine's In-House ---

Main bearings are twice the size of the old brit bikes. Carbon Fiber wheel, Olins shockes, etc etc

About 8 years ago, when I first stumbled onto their web site, the price, was 18K up front and they would build it.

Definately a SEXY lookin beastie .i,m glad Norton are back in British hands, but will it survive in this economy ,i hope so. would luv to see Norton do as well as Triumph has done.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/December/8-14/dec0908-first-prototype-nortons-arrive-in-uk/

I was not aware that the Oregon Company had been resold to the fellow in Brittian. !!! I guess thats as it should be.

A few years back there was much more information on the Oregon Companies Web site as to how these bikes were being built . It was very impressive. The main item of note is that the Frame is totally modern construction.

And the Engine is not just a copy of the old British Engines. They are totally up to modern Standards. As I recall the HP output for this 2 cylinder engine is Very Impressive. Its not a Busa !!! but still Impressive. And it will run at HIGH RPM, without Self Destructing as did the Old Engines from Brittian.

Remember, IF, you want HP !!!! you can get a new Busa ( or other Metric ) for about 12K, with 175 HP out of the box. But, its not a Britt Bike.

I would love to have one of the New Nortons !!! But 18 to 20K -- Ouch !!!

I only paid 7K for my Used Busa, and only had 3,000 miles on it, back in 2002.

I doubt I will ever part with this bike-- ---- Rideing that bike is beyond description !!!! At least for those of us who grew up before the SuperBike age.

Rideing the thing , for those whose Reference point is the 50's 60's and 70's. Imagine, Zero to 60 in 2.6 Seconds, 136 mph, Red Line in 2nd gear !!! Its way beyond my abilities, but DARN, its a Blast to ride the thing. ( I use a VERY light

hand on the Throttle ) I don't think Ive ever used more then 20 percent of the throttle.

So the New Norton is not in that class, but its a darn fast 2 cylinder bike. To

bad the Britts did not figure it out back in the 60's. Would have been a different story !!

:witch_brew:

Never was a Norton fan but back in the day we would have thrown some nobbies on taped a pie plate to the headlight and motod that puppy!:D No lie.:rotfl:Some of the bikes we motod were 175 Bridgestone, Triumph 250 {think it was called a Tiger}:rotfl:90 Bridgestone. Definately not motocross bikes but we had fun.:D Wow am I old.:backinmyday: Just my impression of it, the frame being so exposed like it is.It does have a clean look to it ,no clutter.

GeorgeS that Busa sounds scary fast.

• 4 months later...
Guest seuadr

I will admit to being intrigued by Wankel engines.

ya, they are very interesting.

i've always wanted to own something with a rotory engine :)