IGNORED

carb synchronizers

sargergp

The BEST sync tool is a four tube Mercury manometer, but you wont find one for sale as the EPA does not want you to ship Mercury.

I purchased one recently, but the company has pulled them from their website.....

Doesn't the Morgan from the UK have mercury?

The Carbtune has polished stainless steel rods inside glass sleeves. Very slick set up. No risk, no muss, no fuss. If you work on a bike with very low vac range you can invert the unit. I've been using mine since spring and have done about 20 syncs with it and I am more than pleased with it.

I still have two mercury sticks that I used for years. The Carbtune is great for checking an unknown bike that may be way out of whack without sucking the mercury into the carbs but for dialing a set in, I can't see that one kind works better than the other.

And you can take a Carbtune anywhere. Try that with a mercury stick!

I had the same thing happen to me. One of the rods would stick.. So I

disassembled it to inspect it and see what the problem was.. I couldn't find

a reason for the sticking, but I took a little bit of talcum powder and

rubbed it around the rod (it doesn't take much) and reassembled the carbtune.

Worked great

I like the carbtune Pro unit, have had success using it.

Hope this helps

I have a Morgan Carbtune and like it. I know some folks have had issues with the rods sticking but many times it's because of lots of useage and dirt getting into it. Take them apart and clean them and no more issues. I know it's not the only one out there, but mine works just fine for me

:2cents:

Thanks everyone for the info. I went ahead last night and ordered the carbtune pro kit. I am anxious now to get it and see how much difference it makes. I bought this bike in August with 24k on it and now have about 27k. I doubt from what I know of the previous owner that the carbs have ever been synced so I'm hoping they're way off and that will solve all of my problem since I have already replaced the plugs and just put a new set of Avon Venom tires on.

Doesn't the Morgan from the UK have mercury?

Nope...

It contains NO mercury or any liquids.

Click HERE to go to Morgan's website.

The SyncPRO Carb tuner from Motion Pro uses a "New mercury-free design uses non toxic manometer fluid" but the MSRP is $99.99.

Click HERE to go to the Motion Pro web site.

I have not used either tool as I have a mercury filled four tube manometer. but the advantage of using a liquid filled manometer is it does not stick or go out of calibration like any mechanical system can.