IGNORED

I have a question for the Men!

Yama Mama

I love motorcyling a lot. That being understood, what is the big deal about the " burn out" where you blow up your rear tire. I do not understand that at all. For practical reasons, you have to buy a new tire, you have to go through the fun of putting the new tire on.

I just do not get it, please explain.

Thank you,

Yama Mama

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love motorcyling a lot. That being understood, what is the big deal about the " burn out" where you blow up your rear tire. I do not understand that at all. For practical reasons, you have to buy a new tire, you have to go through the fun of putting the new tire on.

I just do not get it, please explain.

Thank you,

Yama Mama

Its all about the sounds, the power , the smells, the horsepower and the testosterone. ARGHHH ARRGGHHH ARGGHH ARGGHH!!!!!

Brian

I was going to ask that same question Mammie,,, oh wait,, mine wasnt about holeshots/burnouts - mine was about dolls.. I watched a News Show last night and they had some women (not spring chickens either) on there who spend thousands of dollars on these little "look like real" dollies.. They are sooo attatched to these little pieces of plastic that they take them everywhere with them and treat them just like a real child..

The real answer to your question and mine is - we do it cause it makes us who we are and it gets other folks to look at us ,, we are human beeners that need to be recognized once in a while..

All right guys,,, all together now,, let 'er riiiiiiiiiiiiiiipp

Its all about the sounds, the power , the smells, the horsepower and the testosterone. ARGHHH ARRGGHHH ARGGHH ARGGHH!!!!!

Brian

:sign yeah that:

I wish I had the guts to do a burnout, but I'm afraid to try it. I wouldn't do it until the tire was already shot and needed replaced anyway though. They wear out too quickly as it is.

:scared:

I was going to ask that same question Mammie,,, oh wait,, mine wasnt about holeshots/burnouts - mine was about dolls.. I watched a News Show last night and they had some women (not spring chickens either) on there who spend thousands of dollars on these little "look like real" dollies.. They are sooo attatched to these little pieces of plastic that they take them everywhere with them and treat them just like a real child..

The real answer to your question and mine is - we do it cause it makes us who we are and it gets other folks to look at us ,, we are human beeners that need to be recognized once in a while..

All right guys,,, all together now,, let 'er riiiiiiiiiiiiiiipp

I saw that show last night too. Freaky!! Then there were the women who were still b-feeding their kids at 8 & 9 years old.

:scared:

:sign yeah that:

I wish I had the guts to do a burnout, but I'm afraid to try it. I wouldn't do it until the tire was already shot and needed replaced anyway though. They wear out too quickly as it is.

any more burnouts on bikes are a thing of the past. on the crotch rockets the trick is to feather the clutch, and keep the front wheel as close to the ground as possible. in the old days burnouts were easy. these new tires are alot stickier and it's hard to break the tire loose with out an extended swing arm. some of the bikes at the maxton mile can,t hit the nitros till they get over 150 mph cuz of wheel spin. now that would tighten a guy up. :cool10::cool10:

what is the big deal about the " burn out" where you blow up your rear tire.

I'm glad you asked. I wonder about that too. Nothing stinks worse than burning rubber, and I try to get every last bit of wear out of my tires.

When I was young I used to love to jump bikes and ride wheelies, but both of those things take a little bit of skill, unlike melting a tire.

I'll keep watching this thread to see if anyone can shed some light.:think:

any more burnouts on bikes are a thing of the past. on the crotch rockets the trick is to feather the clutch, and keep the front wheel as close to the ground as possible. in the old days burnouts were easy. these new tires are alot stickier and it's hard to break the tire loose with out an extended swing arm. some of the bikes at the maxton mile can,t hit the nitros till they get over 150 mph cuz of wheel spin. now that would tighten a guy up. :cool10::cool10:

I'd be afraid that the tire wouldn't break loose, but stay hooked up and instead pull a huge wheelie, which I am also afraid to try. Maybe on a smaller bike it wouldn't be so hair raising. But let an 800 lb. bike get out of shape and you have a problem.

Did you see the video I put up here elsewhere with a 2009 VMX doing burnouts and wheelies? It looked pretty effortless.

Well, I did one on my XS when I was going to replace the rear tire anyway. I didn't get much of a kick out of it, and my wife asked the same exact question: Why? All I could say was "just cause I wanted to."

There are burn out competitions at some of the rallies, around here, and they are just for fun. I guess just to show your stuff.

Speaking of showing your stuff, as I understand it, last year's burnout winner at Sturgis was showing her stuff, as she did it topless. :puzzled: I am a man, and the thought of melted rubber landing on my nipples gives me the heebie jeebies.:think:

It is just a guy thing love the sound of power and the smell of burnt rubber i don't do it on my rode bike but on the drag bike look out . Love the burn out box gets the inner moter reved up ready for the 1/4 Mile. Got Goose bumps just thinking of it !!!!!:bikersmilie::bikersmilie:

I don't understand it either. I don't believe in abusing equipment.

What he said. Personally I think it is a stupid thing to do. Abuses the bike and Al Gore does not like it. Neither do I. Must be other more sane things to do to show ones manlyhood.

But - thats just how I feel about it.

Its a Man-thing...:sign20:

Yep... that's exactly what it is and no matter how thorough the explanation, a woman still wouldn't "get it". Having said that, there's a whole lot more about women that us guys just don't "get" and never will.... :witch_brew: :witch_brew:

Ain't life grand? :rotf: