IGNORED

Knee sugery

TEW47

I had knee sugery today to repair torn cartilage in my right knee and remove a bone chip on the kneecap. Everything went real good. They gave me a shot of morphine and I was tripping out all day till tonight and now it does hurt. Maybe the pain will ease up tomorrow. I am glad to have it over with and in a few weeks will be back to normial,for me that is.

tew47

Had both mine replaced in late January 08. I was out 11 weeks from work. I love my new knees and I can do things I haven't been able to do in years. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to ride anymore so 6 weeks after the operation I took the old Venture on a spin. Up shifting hurt a little but I was able to hold it up easily. I am 60 and would recommend it to anyone whose doctor recommends it. I also had them both done at the same time. Everyone have safe and merry Christmas.

Ron

Well this Sunday after sugery. Friday night I could not sleep because of pain and tripping out from morphine. I got a good night sleep last nite. Was able to take a shower and my

stickes started bleeding. My wife had just ordered PRO QR to stop bleeding because I take cumidin and the lest little cut I bleed alot, I would have had to go to the hospital. Things seem to happen in threes. My truck won't start, air conditioning unit out and the drain lines for the kitchen and bath are stopped up. Hope that's all that goes wrong.

tew47

Had the right knee scoped in 91 and againg in 2001. (cartilage and bone fragments) Just had the left one done in May this year. The first two on the right knee took about 8 weeks to heal, the one on the left knee this year I was cutting grass 3 days after surgery and back to work in 18 days. Absolutely no pain after the surgery. Had to be on self injections of Lovenox to avoid clotting and went through a series of Synvysc injections (made from rooster combs) to replace the cushion in the joint from the cartilage removal.

Hope you heal up fast.

Just had partial replacement left knee on 12/01/08, therpy killing me, but the pain that was there before surgery is gone, had 3 other surgeries on same knee to repair, but it just kept on blowing out so we did the replacement. ( it is called the Oxford knee) so far so good. The polar ice pad is my buddy along with the darvocet.

You'll recover fairly quickly. In the meantime, it might feel pretty crappy.

I had my left knee scoped for meniscus and some cartliage on a Thursday morning in June of this year. Went for a walk on it Thursday afternoon. Got up Friday morning, felt great, got cleaned up and dressed to go to work. In the span of about 10 minutes it starting feeling like I'd shot it with a shotgun, wondered if I had done something to it. Was in pain the rest of Friday. Called the doc and he said that he shot it with local anisthetic at the end of the surgery which usually lasted 12-18 hours and that apparently it had worn off suddenly. Was in some pain still most of the day saturday but by saturday night it started feeling better. By Sunday I was getting around pretty good with a single crutch. Went to work on Monday with a pretty good limp but not much pain. Overall the pain kind of lasted about 5 weeks. Now, better but know that a replacement is in the future sometime. Trying to lose some weight to delay it as long as possible.

Guest Ken8143

I must have been lucky. In 1991 I had torn cartilege in my rt. knee and had it fixed, and 9 months later the left knee - same things. Tha scope procedure on both knees. Remarkable free from pain the second knee. Walked out of the same day surgery center, walked up steps to the house. Took several days until I didn't need the cane, but went very well.

Now - they do ache a bit, especially when it gets cold. Delaying having them looked at because I don't want knee replacements. Don't think I need that yet.