IGNORED

Made in China

Eddie Fulmer

I wonder how many people pay attention to where the item they buy comes from. I dare anyone to go to Wally world and pick up 10 items at random and get over 10% made in the usa. That means 90% made out of states. Many times I've put something back on the shelf and refused to buy it because it's made in china. What say the other smart people here??:smash2:

www.ridingformissions.com

What say the other smart people here?

I say let's get ready to move to the next stage toward a global economy. We keep buying foreign so the next stage isn't delayed unnecessarily by supporting an economy that has really lost its advantage in the world (face it; the USA is now a global consumer, not a global producer). Then we begin to export social justice initiatives for the working class over there (like health and safety programs, worker's rights legislation, collective bargaining, pollution controls, etc.), and pretty soon the mega-corps won't have these slave labour countries to retreat to for cheap labour. Then the cost of all manufactured goods will be normalized around the world and we can begin to make the global market place responsible for the real cost of consumer goods.

:thumbsup2:

I don't buy chinese junk.

if it isn't made , here at home, then i probably don't need it anyhow.or i can "make due" without it.

i don't mind buying CANADIAN made goods, but china has a track record , for JUNK!

as squid would sat .98 cents short of a buck!

just jt:backinmyday:

Interesting thoughts.....

I wonder what percent of the Royal Star motorcycles are made in the US, in Japan and in China??????????

I bet that Yamaha does not want to post those numbers... Just because the motorcycles are assembled in Japan, does not mean all the parts came from there, but I think that US law states that this info be available to the consumer, but I cant find it on the Internet....

I say let's get ready to move to the next stage toward a global economy. We keep buying foreign so the next stage isn't delayed unnecessarily by supporting an economy that has really lost its advantage in the world (face it; the USA is now a global consumer, not a global producer). Then we begin to export social justice initiatives for the working class over there (like health and safety programs, worker's rights legislation, collective bargaining, pollution controls, etc.), and pretty soon the mega-corps won't have these slave labour countries to retreat to for cheap labour. Then the cost of all manufactured goods will be normalized around the world and we can begin to make the global market place responsible for the real cost of consumer goods.

swifty, i think your on to something there. :)

Ditto that I couldn't agree more'

PS. To hipshot, good for you there aren't many people that can live without a computer or a TV. :thumbsup2: or a cell phone

And about every other thing in your life. I remember the same thing going on about Japan back in the 50's. Think their labor cost got so high now that some other country had to take over production (China). Who's next?

I've tried for years to buy just american made tools for my work but you just can't do it.:crying:

Jerry

I was looking at Harly stuff at one of the Louisville Dealerships. EVERY official Harley accessory card on the display wall had a sticker on the back that states "MADE IN CHINA". Haven't figured out yet which Harley is "made in America? I think they must just be assembled in the US.

Steve

I was looking at Harly stuff at one of the Louisville Dealerships. EVERY official Harley accessory card on the display wall had a sticker on the back that states "MADE IN CHINA". Haven't figured out yet which Harley is "made in America? I think they must just be assembled in the US.

Steve

Did you not know that it is only the "cards" that are made in China, not the accessory? You know that Harley folks would never put anything on their bikes made in China!!!

RandyA

Did you not know that it is only the "cards" that are made in China, not the accessory? You know that Harley folks would never put anything on their bikes made in China!!!

RandyA

Your Kidding ........Aren't ya ? http://www.meangene.us/supergay.gif:doh::doh::rotfl::rotfl:

My friend 2007 sterndrive for a boat,, The block is made in USA , therstern drive is made in Sweden..... The alternator made in Mexico,........ The wiring Made in Thailand...... The water pump made in Indonesia, ......... The manifolds engineered in the USA made in China ,,,,,The Labels made in Canada

The engine run like ****:rotfl:

Some say that Africa is the next China once the Geo-Politics problems are worked out. This will probably not happen until China implodes from all our money.:rotfl::D Seriously has anyone ever bought a full set of end wrenches that were made in china were at least one of them in the set is not some mysterious size?:detective:

My friend 2007 sterndrive for a boat,, The block is made in USA , therstern drive is made in Sweden..... The alternator made in Mexico,........ The wiring Made in Thailand...... The water pump made in Indonesia, ......... The manifolds engineered in the USA made in China ,,,,,The Labels made in Canada

The engine run like ****:rotfl:

Tell him to buy a Yamaha :cool17:

I don't know about south of the border, but in Canada, the laws regarding labelling are totally stupid. You can buy a shirt that's made in Indonesia, with buttons made in China, and top it off with some sort of applique made in Korea. If at least one part of the whole is attached in Canada, the company can put a made in Canada sticker on it. That goes for clothing, machinery etc... Talk about truth in advertising and labelling.

Ditto that I couldn't agree more'

PS. To hipshot, good for you there aren't many people that can live without a computer or a TV. :thumbsup2: or a cell phone

my t.v., is made in MEXICO, from japanese parts.

my computer, I built, from misc. parts and pieces.cost $000.00!

my cell phone, is a gift from my son, (so he can keep in touch).

so YES! i can live just fine without CHINESE!

ever eat their food?

smells rotten, and tastes horrible!

just jt

Well Said Swifty!