IGNORED

Was it the alcohol talking?

Guest Swifty

...remembering, or course, that when I lead a group through the twisties...in the rain....we get to the bottom of the pass AFTER passing THAT same UPS truck, we get off our bikes, we grab our cameras and STILL have time to set up a self-timed picture BEFORE the truck reaches us!!

Hey Dave if look at the picture, you will notice four 2nd Gen riders in that photo, and only one other first gen.

Sorry to burst your bubble :rotf:, Still amazing shot.

Brad

:happy65:

Cocky sofa-pilot? Even it up by picking my own road? Pretty confident in your riding abilities aren't you? Have to admit, I AM confident in mine :). Yep, it was a stretch to do with a passenger...I'd hate for my wife to get sick just before you enter the corner behind me.

I guess I should be careful saying that though....other than Eagle Eye, nobody in the VentureRiders has ever ridden with me...therefore I'm just a 2d Gen riding 1st Gen wanna-be....NOT :). The equipment provides the means, the mind and body provide the ability...let's just say a 2d Gen can be nicely hustled through the twisties and leave it at that; and my 2d Gen will bow at the front rim of your 1st Gen.

You're right...must have been the alcohol!

Edited by FJR Rider

...lean ANGLE, not lean CAMERA!!:stickpoke:

I think this is more like what we're talking about. :confused07:

And this is with my suspension set low!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/TMagEnterprises/Extra%20Junk/06945.jpg

And I've got a little room left to lean to the right!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/TMagEnterprises/Extra%20Junk/06943.jpg

Todd, was that taken just before you wrecked?:rotfl:

I've seen too many of you guys ride to even think about challenging you, no matter what the beverage of choice is. I'm too old to worry what others think of my speed or riding skills. If I can go from here to there in one piece and get there in time for the food and ice cream, I'm good to go.

p.s. That UPS truck was NOT from this solar system. He had that truck in warp speed.

Todd, was that taken just before you wrecked?:rotfl:

Hey, Jack, I didn't wreck.............that time!!! :rotf: But you gotta know, that's why Killboy.com kept the camera on me!!! They figured a crash was coming, but I had to disappoint them!

Hey, Jack, I didn't wreck.............that time!!! :rotf: But you gotta know, that's why Killboy.com kept the camera on me!!! They figured a crash was coming, but I had to disappoint them!

Yah you did it in a corner where they were not shooting pictures, now that was smart :rotf::sign20:

Brad

• 1 year later...

...I'm just pulling up some old threads, reading up on some old memories...

before I head into another Christmas season and a Tuckett party house full of old 2nd gen riding farts full of alcohol and estrogen...thinking they are better than us young whipper snapper 1st gen riders...gawd help me.

:stickinouttounge:

...I'm just pulling up some old threads, reading up on some old memories...

before I head into another Christmas season and a Tuckett party house full of old 2nd gen riding farts full of alcohol and estrogen...thinking they are better than us young whipper snapper 1st gen riders...gawd help me.

:stickinouttounge:

Don't you have some snow to shovel?

Guest scarylarry
Well Swifty,

I must say the riders level of courage and skills including the bikes handling capabilities play a large part on how a bike is controlled wether on a straight away or in twisties.

I am sure if a bet was placed between us, you would win...

I mean hell, I cant even keep up with a UPS truck, so I know I dont have a chance against you..:buttkick:

I know you couldn't I ran the twisties good around Helen Ga. that day..

Its the booze taling about beatin Switty with a 2nd gen in the twisties, Swifty wouldnt be swifty on a 2nd gen he would just be Dave then....................:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

At a recent biker-type party I attended, a conversation was over heard that discussed the possibility of Swifty riding a second generation Venture, probably in light of a recent '07 deal for $10K. Someone said Swifty would never be happy with a bike like that because he couldn't ride the twisties like he does now. Then someone suggested that there are plenty of second generation Venture riders out there who could easily keep up with Swifty in the twisties. Whaddya think? Is it the bike or the rider...or the alcohol?

:bawling:Sounds alot like a first gen anxiety attack! Ya know, I can ride better than all of you can, afraid a sec gen might decide to just walk off and leave him.:stickpoke::stirthepot: Personally We just ride for the pure enjoyment of riding, not to see who can get there first:moon::moon::moon::moon:

First gens, second gens, what you need is a Victory :thumbsup2: and I needed a drink when I seen that silly looking thing on your face :mustache: was nice of you to shave so we could eat our breakfast :thumbsup: and who ever told you to grow a landing strip under your lip, so it would make you look younger, they had too much alcohol, just my :2cents:

Naugh-T

First gens, second gens, what you need is a Victory :thumbsup2: and I needed a drink when I seen that silly looking thing on your face :mustache: was nice of you to shave so we could eat our breakfast :thumbsup: and who ever told you to grow a landing strip under your lip, so it would make you look younger, they had too much alcohol, just my :2cents:

Naugh-T

:stickpoke::buttkick::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: