IGNORED

I believe I got all of the good out of these pads.

Midrsv

Hope it didnt eat into you disc to bad.

No, I caught it just in time. I do a lot of city riding so I never get great mileage out of brakes. I think I swap the pads around after I get another 9k on them to try to even out the wear.

Dennis

This summer while out on a big trip, we began to hear the rear brakes grinding. When we checked it, the right side looked pretty good. But something still didn't sound right. So we decided to play it safe and pulled the right rear saddlebag, and then the caliper. Well, my brake pads looked identical to yours. The outside pad hardly looked worn, while the inside was worn out.

So, why does this happen when the calipers are working perfectly? At first, I thought that only the inside was closing, but not the outside. But, that wasn't the case. Both sides opened and closed just fine. So, why would one pad wear so far down, but not the other?:think:

Pete.

Check the fluid passages from the line in side to the other side, may be a small blockage there. Also, I think the passages may not allow the slave side to operate at same pressure as the line in side.

Just my opinion, and as Squidley so eloquently put it, ya'll don't pay attention to me anyway, but it makes me feel good typing so much trivial information!

Dan

Check the fluid passages from the line in side to the other side, may be a small blockage there. Also, I think the passages may not allow the slave side to operate at same pressure as the line in side.

Just my opinion, and as Squidley so eloquently put it, ya'll don't pay attention to me anyway, but it makes me feel good typing so much trivial information!

Dan

The line side pad was worn the least. From what I've read here the inside pad seems to consistently wear faster.

Dennis

Mine wear evenly - certainly much more evenly than that. I would think that that great a disparity indicates a problem.

On mine I have removed the proportioning valve and tend to be braking quite heavily, so it may be that either I continually clear out any obstruction, or the greater use keeps the pistons moving freely.

If you are only having to use light braking, or only get low pressure transmitted because of the restrictors and proprtioning valves AND a dust build-up makes pad movement difficult, that could mean one pad is not used so effectively.