IGNORED

Cure for flat spot on rear tire

JerryK

I've put a total of 140,000 miles on 2 different Gen II ventures and made an interesting discovery at deals gap 3 yrs ago. I had Metzler 880's on my 2000 Venture and knew that I would probably replace them after the trip. The center flat spot was getting to annoy me when turning. But after spending the best part of 2 days running up and down deals Gap the edge was gone. I had a better trip back to Ohio than the trip down!

So what I have learned is that when the tires get flat spotted from the TOO MANY highway miles I ride that all I need to do is find a nice big blacktop lot [preferrably new sharpe black top].....I run about a 25-30 mph nice lazy figure eight and run about 20 minutes or so with some cutting tight enough to put some pressure on the tires but not enough to get scary and you will be very surprised when that annoying little step is gone!

JerryK:Venture:

As if! I've seen the the sport bike guys and chopper builders do it. They butt the front tire against a brick wall and start a burn out. Then they lean the bike to both sides and burn baby burn.

I ain't gonna try this but it definately would take care of that flat center. I bet Pegscraper would give it a go.

:missingtooth:

As if! I've seen the the sport bike guys and chopper builders do it. They butt the front tire against a brick wall and start a burn out. Then they lean the bike to both sides and burn baby burn.

I ain't gonna try this but it definately would take care of that flat center. I bet Pegscraper would give it a go.

:missingtooth:

What makes you think I'd try that? I'd be afraid to by now. I'm far enough along that I've lost the lack of fear that I had as a kid.

I've put a total of 140,000 miles on 2 different Gen II ventures and made an interesting discovery at deals gap 3 yrs ago. I had Metzler 880's on my 2000 Venture and knew that I would probably replace them after the trip. The center flat spot was getting to annoy me when turning. But after spending the best part of 2 days running up and down deals Gap the edge was gone. I had a better trip back to Ohio than the trip down!

So what I have learned is that when the tires get flat spotted from the TOO MANY highway miles I ride that all I need to do is find a nice big blacktop lot [preferrably new sharpe black top].....I run about a 25-30 mph nice lazy figure eight and run about 20 minutes or so with some cutting tight enough to put some pressure on the tires but not enough to get scary and you will be very surprised when that annoying little step is gone!

JerryK:Venture:

Now that took a lot of chutzpa to do it on a set of Metzlers.....:witch_brew: