IGNORED

Pics of your bird

flb_78

NO PICS..NO BIRD...AFTER 25 YEARS OF MAKING DINNER WITH ALLTHE FIXENS, TATERS DECIDED THAT IT WAS TIME SHE TOOK A LONG DESERVED REST... SO IN ONE HALF HOUR FROM NOW , I'LL BE TAKING TATERS OUT TO HER FAVORITE RESTURANT FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER.... NO LEFT OVERS...NO SOUP....NO TURKEY SANDWITCHES....NO PUMPKIN PIE..NO CHOCOLATE PIE...HEY.......... NO MESS..NO FUSS...NO GRAND KIDS RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE SCREAMING OR CRYING...NO DISHES ...NO POT OR PANS TO SCRUB......WHOOO THIS AINT SO BAD AFTER ALL...GONNA COME HOME ..LIGHT A FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE..KICK MY FEET UP AND PUT IN A MOVIE...YEA I COULD GET USED TO THAT....WELL, MAYBE EXCEPT FOR THE LEFTOVERS....HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE....:group cheers:

Edited by BIG TOM

DEEP FRIED turkey ????

Hmmm.....

We'll stick with the oven, thanks.

That's not causing some international offense, is it ?

It sounds odd at first, but after you've had one, you'd understand. It's not greasy because there is no batter on the outside. The inside is very juicy. Head the oil to 350 degrees, drop the bird in and cook it for 3.5 minutes/lb. 12lb bird was done in 40 minutes. No heat in the house.

The oil instantly sears the skin and innards locking in the juice.

Damn, 15 turkeys!?!?!? How many fryers did you have going at once?

I have 2 fryers, but only used 1 this year. However, I fry for 2 or 3 days. I just kind of turns to a turkey frying party for a few days here. I will check, but there may have been several beers consumed also.

DEEP FRIED turkey ????

Hmmm.....

That's not causing some international offence, is it ?

Yeah, what flb_78 said. I'ts not at all greasy or oily. Since it's seared outside the meat remains moist and very flavorful. I was resistant myself until I tried some. Good stuff and it's something the men can do that gives the women a bit of a break & it frees up the oven for other goodies like brocolli casserole and stuffing and pies........I gotta go to the kitchen again!

Oh yeah, if you do try it, thaw the bird completely and "ease" it into the oil. (do a trial fit using water and the bird in the pot, to find out exactly how much oil you will need.

DEEP FRIED turkey ????

Hmmm.....

That's not causing some international offence, is it ?

If you like fried chicken...you'll love deep fried Turkey. This was my 2nd one and like you saw in the pics...there wasn't much left, ours was only 10 lbs.

George and Kenny...dont be the pot calling the kettle black there guys :no-no-no:

Before frying one yourself, I would suggest watching someone who has some experience fry one. It can get out of hand pretty easy. One of the guys I fried one for tried it and said he was not sure how large the oil slick was because his driveway is only 10' wide and the oil was on the grass on both sides of the driveway. He said it got kinda' exciting, he stayed over here all day Monday watching me, decided he should have done that before he tried frying one.