IGNORED

Now for something entirely different

83 Rat chopper Venture. Manual Vmax boost. Homemade pipes, forward controls, and everything else. VTX radiator. Misc. lighting. Well I guess you get the idea. Finally out of the basement and down the road. I can now tie my shoes without bending over.

Zag

By the way - tore apart engine and did 2nd gear fix also. Kind of fun and needed to apply the flat black anyway!

Honestly, I've never heard anything like this. The deepest Nascar sound you ever imagined.

Zag

We don't bite, ya could fill out your profilr a little and give us a little idea who ya are.

I'd like to kno if there is any chance it would be in a place where i could see it some day.

I like it.....................................

Hey Jeff,

Not staight. Made some perforated baffles to knock the sound down a little. I think I need to do a little more and will make something that can be hinged down over the ends for the early morning getaway. Hard to describe the sound right now - very low nascar rumble. Definitely not harley - much better. Really not that loud (except in the early morning).

zag

Hey buddy,

Went to a somewhat smaller battery and crammed it in the space in front of the engine. Changing the frame geometry gave a little more room there and lowering the location helped with the cg. Really amazing how light the thing feels. Also took off about 200lbs of plastic and stuff in the chop process. Of course, now I don't have any place to put anything!

zag

I want a 1/4 mile time! I always thought rat bikes looked perty kewl in its own quirky way. To me, this is a way kewl rat bike mod.

Wonder how it reacts with the four filters instead of the breather box?

How does it handle with the bob?

I think you made history here.

I think we got a calender pic here Don.

Did you think you would get the amount of yea's versus the nays?

NEway, IMHO, :sign kewl:and to all newcomers, :2TEAL:

Guest Swifty
Who, what or where is Vogel?

Zag

...our annual Tail of the Dragon meet in Georgia...Vogel State Park. Just click on the appropriate count down banner in the upper right corner of the screen, or got to VR rallies in the main menu.

I love what you've done with the bike.

Very Nice Zag!

From a fabricator standpoint that is truly a work of art. I love to see original ideas and your is definitely original. How does it handle being raked out like it is?

Hope to meet up with you soon and see that machine, very nice job :happy34:

Very Nice Zag!

From a fabricator standpoint that is truly a work of art. I love to see original ideas and your is definitely original. How does it handle being raked out like it is?

Hope to meet up with you soon and see that machine, very nice job :happy34:

Thanks for all the nice comments! Forks are 9" over standard and as I remember trail is about 7" or so. Like most chops, it is real smooth once you get rolling and pretty clumsy at a standstill - but not that much different than any large bike.

zag

I want a 1/4 mile time! I always thought rat bikes looked perty kewl in its own quirky way. To me, this is a way kewl rat bike mod.

Wonder how it reacts with the four filters instead of the breather box?

How does it handle with the bob?

Thanks Mr. Whiskey. The intake system has 2" dia. aluminum tubes to partially simulate the box on each intake combined with a high flow k&n filter for each intake. Yup, this messes with the mixture and I'm tinkering with that aspect to get it happy.

Handles really smooth on the road due to it's long trail. Probably the most noticeable thing is the low cg and the feel of a much lighter bike. Feels like it weighs much less than my 575lb sabre but I don't think it does - haven't found a scale to weigh it yet.

zag

Your front end is similar to what I would like to do with my project '85 VR. I want to extend the front tire about a foot forward. You already answered my question about handling. Did you do your own welding ur did a fabricating shop dso it? I was considering lowering the yoke about an inch as well as increasing the angle a few degrees if and when I do mine...

I thought you guys might be interested to see the forward controls and the manual v-boost. By the way, I also delinked the brakes - hand lever does both front disks, pedal does rear. Works fine.

zag