IGNORED

Need a little help please.....

Iowawegian

Our son rides a 2002 YZF R6. Blue in color. For Christmas he would like a part for his bike that sounds like it's a cover for the riders seat made out of fiberglass. He thought ebay would have them. I tried looking up YZF accessories, but am confused. I don't know if it would be called a cowling or exactly what I'm looking for on ebay. He said it doesn't have to be blue, because he's a graphic designer and can "wrap" it to match the color of his bike.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?:think:

sounds like it's a cover for the riders seat made out of fiberglass.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?:think:

A fiberglass cover for the riders seat ????

Ask him what is the purpose of this cover. That might shed some light. Maybe it is for storage or to cover the seat when it is raining or something:think:

A fiberglass cover for the riders seat ????

Ask him what is the purpose of this cover. That might shed some light. Maybe it is for storage or to cover the seat when it is raining or something:think:

Think I found it!

This is most likely what he is talking about - you can see it at this website or you can google it this way - YZF R6 seat cover:

http://www.1tail.com/sa/c/Luimoto_Seat_Covers.htm?gclid=CP2ps-7ChJcCFQhuMAodRV_rXQ

Well, you have a point. But then again, how many people do you want to know that prefer to sit on fiberglass? :confused24:

Well you have a point. Bit I think Iowawegian should ask the kid and show him this discussion. Then everybody will be happy - Me, You, The Kid and Iowawegian.

(Ohhhh,,, I am so clever,,,,,,)

My guess is he's referring to a "solo seat" cowl. It's a fiberglass, or ABS cover that replaces the passenger's seat cushion, effectively eliminating any place for a passenger to sit. Possibly similar to this.

I'm not positive, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

I'm pretty sure this is the correct part. It doesn't eliminate the passenger's seat, but just covers it. My Ninja ZX-12 had the same thing.

My guess is he's referring to a "solo seat" cowl. It's a fiberglass, or ABS cover that replaces the passenger's seat cushion, effectively eliminating any place for a passenger to sit. Possibly similar to this.

I'm not positive, but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

The rider seat cowl that Cerviperus posted is exactly what he's talking about!!! The price on it is $196.00 and I'm sure Dane (my son) said he thought I could find it on ebay either used or quite a bit lower price.

If anyone happens to do a search on ebay and finds it, please let me know. I've tried but not much luck!!

I really appreciate all of your help!!!