I'm getting ready to get rid of my bridgstones. They moan and I don't think they handle all that great and I didn't get that good of mileage on them. Question is when should I replace brake pads. I've got close to 6000 miles on the bike and with the new tires I could get at least 6k or more. Any advice here?

Thanks,

Bob

But while the wheels are off getting new rubber, I'll get the pads repaced also. Maybe then I won't squeek and squeal so loudly every time I stop at a light! All the neighbors dogs howl when I stop! I also have about 6000 miles and bridgestones on. Can't wait to get them off. They still have some miles left on them but they are terrible! I figure that by doing both now won't have to do anything the rest of this summer. Good luck with the bike.:080402gudl_prv:

Mark

Bob,

Per recommendations by the VentureRiders that the rear brake has a habit of wearing down one pad WAY before the other, I checked mine and at about 9500 miles replaced the rear pads jsut before one side would have eaten into my disk!

At about 10K miles I ditched the Bridgestones and went with yet another VentureRider recommedation (below) and have been VERY satisifed with the switch! Nice and quiet, better handling, no complaints.

Regards, Norm.

Avon Venom - Front (AM41) MT90HB16

Avon Venom - Rear (AM42) 150/90HB15

I agree with you on one pad wearing way more than the other on the rear. I replaced my pads when I did the tire at 12,300 miles. Mechanic said the pistons in the caliper hang up. I asked for warranty but was denied. We freed up the pistons and he said things should be OK now. Hope this helps you.

What was the reason they would not cover this under the warranty?

I agree with you on one pad wearing way more than the other on the rear. I replaced my pads when I did the tire at 12,300 miles. Mechanic said the pistons in the caliper hang up. I asked for warranty but was denied. We freed up the pistons and he said things should be OK now. Hope this helps you.