IGNORED

Roadliner 1900 S to a Venture... Should I take the plunge?

jgreenfi

Hello all! :-)

Well... I think I will be taking the plunge but I still have cold feet about this one.. :-(

My 2006 Roadliner S 1900 has been a great machine for me... Nice large cruiser that turns quite a few heads wherever she goes.... That v-twin 1900 has so much low end it pulls like a freight train... Fuel-injected, belt drive.. I love that bike...

However, around 18000 miles a year on bikes, I have been replacing tires and more tires on my Roadliner... and after about 400 miles in the saddle (converted to a Mustang with backrest), it just isn't comfortable anymore...

I really cannot find anything bad in the reviews or in the forums that tell me I would be making a bad choice going to a Venture....

Can someone help 'push me over the edge'??

Thanks!

I know this might be a hard decession now, but after a few hundred miles on a RSV and you will love the bike. I went from a V Star to the RSV and have never given a secs thought about it. I have logged over 10000 miles in just a few short months and wish I had more time (which means more funds) to ride. It performs wonderful....:173:

Go on you know you want to get it.

This bike was built for the open road and this bike was built for me. :bowdown:

BREEZE

Hello all! :-)

Well... I think I will be taking the plunge but I still have cold feet about this one.. :-(

My 2006 Roadliner S 1900 has been a great machine for me... Nice large cruiser that turns quite a few heads wherever she goes.... That v-twin 1900 has so much low end it pulls like a freight train... Fuel-injected, belt drive.. I love that bike...

However, around 18000 miles a year on bikes, I have been replacing tires and more tires on my Roadliner... and after about 400 miles in the saddle (converted to a Mustang with backrest), it just isn't comfortable anymore...

I really cannot find anything bad in the reviews or in the forums that tell me I would be making a bad choice going to a Venture....

Can someone help 'push me over the edge'??

Thanks!

after my last deployment i had to get a new bike I sold my harley heritage softail before i deployed to leave my wife with the extra money ( bad idea) when i got home had no wife and no bike.... so i started looking and decided i was going to put some real wind in my face and start traveling and looked at the venture and rode home a 2007 and have never regreted one minute of owning this bike the ride is cumfy and all the power i will ever need and its a easy bike to dress up (chrome is my fav. color) like you i cant find anything to say bad about this bike. Ron:Venture:

Don't do it!

Just kidding. You'll be glad you took the plunge. However, you may want to wait a year to see if Yamaha brings out a new model with more power based on the new V-max engine, and up-to-date goodies like fuel injection, anti-lock brakes, and MP3 player. I mean if you're kind of happy where you are you might think about waiting another year. Or you could buy a moderatly used one that will hold most of its value, and then see what Yamaha does in the future, all the while riding one of the smoothest and most comfortable touring bikes around (for the price).

Don't do it!

Just kidding. You'll be glad you took the plunge. However, you may want to wait a year to see if Yamaha brings out a new model with more power based on the new V-max engine, and up-to-date goodies like fuel injection, anti-lock brakes, and MP3 player. I mean if you're kind of happy where you are you might think about waiting another year. Or you could buy a moderatly used one that will hold most of its value, and then see what Yamaha does in the future, all the while riding one of the smoothest and most comfortable touring bikes around (for the price).

:sign yeah that: If I really liked the roadliner I might wait and see. Or buy a 1st Gen and start with the best!

When I went to my first Touring bike from a Honda Shadow and took my wife for her first ride she slapped me up side the head and said "Why did you wait so long!" The more I road it the more I wondered the same thing. Once you get used to all the storage and the Cruise control and the stereo/CB and the comfort you won't want to go back to the plain ole Cruiser. The Venture is a great bike. I have 22K on my 06 and I'm still impressed with it every time I ride.

Good luck with your decision.

Hang On with roady for a while, next year yama will realise new touring model and you'll be stuck with 2nd gen. anyway riding season is almost over , so until next spring you'll have enough time to think about. I Know exaclly how you feel. Best way is to keep both of them in garage, so if you go round town ride take Roady, if you leave for day trip take Venture.

Edited by stardbog

DO IT ,YOU WONT REGRET IT...YES ,IT HANDLES A LITTLE DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOUR RIDING NOW..OK A LOT DIFFERENT...BUT IN A GOOD WAY.. ONCE YOU GET USED TO HOW IT HANDLES..YOU WILL JUST LOVE THE COMFORT AND NEVER WANT TO STOP RIDING..WE WOULD NEVER STEER YOU WRONG....:Venture:

I had a 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT that ate tires like your Roadliner. My 2007 Venture is a great ride, you won't regret the move. Although I still have a Roadstar and a Bonneville to ride too. How many miles did you get out of back tire on the Roadliner?

I traded in a VTX 1800 on the '07 Midnight Venture. At first, I thought I'd made a big mistake. I couldn't seem to get the hang of riding the V4 after riding only V-twins previously. Once I got it right (mostly by reading a lot about it on this forum), I'd never, ever go back. I love this bike like no other I've ever had. That VTX would bald a rear tire in 6,000 miles. I couldn't stay out of the gas enough to keep tread on the rear tire. I just now ordered new tires for the '07 and I have almost 12,000 miles on it.

If there is one complaint I have about my Venture, it's that Mustang doesn't make a seat that fits it. I loved my Mustang seat on the VTX. That is the only thing about the VTX I really miss.

Good luck in your decision! You'll be happy with a Venture, I'm positive.