IGNORED

Gas leaking out of vent tube

I noticed the other day a wet spot under the bike and it was gas, it doesnt do it all the time and I smell gas alot on it since it was new. I stopped by dealer and talked to them and they said that they do that alot and uptil this year if they change the needle in the carb and something else it has been taking care of it, but he said since they have changed the formula on gas he is seeing more of it this year than before. Anyone have this problem? Thanks Kevin

2007 venture...when under 600 miles i had gas leaking out of lower radiator overflow area...i think something got stuck in the carb and it was running way to rich and backfiring on deceleration...suggested that i put some seafoam in the gas and then i shut off the fuel petcock and ran the carbs dry...went around the block and did it once again and it stopped and now have 3000m with no further problem...might have been a speck of metal, dirt, ? but all ok....hope this helps

:thumbsup2:

I have done the sea foam and the bike runs better but I still smell gas from time to time. As far as the tubes go I think it was the ones under the motor by the side stand area. I know the dealer told me that he has seen more of it this year and said he would take care of it for me.

I have done the sea foam and the bike runs better but I still smell gas from time to time. As far as the tubes go I think it was the ones under the motor by the side stand area. I know the dealer told me that he has seen more of it this year and said he would take care of it for me.

Like you, I too have a 2008 RSV and have about 850 miles and have NEVER smelled fuel other than at the fuel pump. Have Dealer FIX SOMETHING.

Your fuel Idle mixture might be too rich. I would get whiffs of gas and when muffinman was riding behind me he said he could smell gas. So we did a color tune and carb sync. No more gas smell.

Funny you posted this, I had a friend call me out of the blue yesterday with the same exact problem. I suggested the seafoam treatment also.

If you fill it up, and then park it, You will get a gas smell and possibly some leakage due to the gasoline expanding...:Venture:

What he said. Top off the tank and drive less than 5-6 miles before you park in the sun and you'll get some expansion that will leave a puddle under the bike.