IGNORED

2007 Generation?

N3FOL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Mariner Fan. I can't wait to pick it up, but before then they have to install the lowering kit for I am only 5'5" tall. My co-worker has a RS Tour Deluxe and I can flat foot one side but a little tip toes on the other foot. I assume that the '07 Venture has almost the same height as the Tour Deluxe.

Thanks, Mariner Fan. I can't wait to pick it up, but before then they have to install the lowering kit for I am only 5'5" tall. My co-worker has a RS Tour Deluxe and I can flat foot one side but a little tip toes on the other foot. I assume that the '07 Venture has almost the same height as the Tour Deluxe.

I'm not sure about the height difference between the Tour Deluxe and the Venture. I hope that you have both the front and the rear of the bike lowered together. One of our members had just the rear of his bike lowered with a Baron's kit (I think). Lowering just the back of the bike will affect the handling and make it much harder to handle at low speeds. Another trick that I have read about had to do with modifying the seat by narrowing it. Seems to make a big difference with the vertically challenged. :080402gudl_prv:

Oh yea, we like pictures so get your camera out and snap a few shots of your new bike for us! :)

I only have the back lowered by about 1'5" to 2". According to the dealership, it will actually make the bike easier to handle at slow speeds. The only issue that I was able to get from my co-worker who owns a Tour Deluxe is if the tank is full of gas...it can be top heavy. But as soon as you take off, it is smooth as silk on the highway.

I've checked the specs on the Venture and Tour Deluxe as far as seat height is concerned. The Venture has a seat height of 29.5" while the Tour Deluxe has a seat height of 29.1". Not much difference. I sat on his bike this morning and I can almost flat foot the bike standing straight....not on its side stand. With another inch lowered, I am confident that I can flat foot the bike with no problems.

Thanks for all your inputs and as soon as I can get some pics of my new ride, I will post it here.

I only have the back lowered by about 1'5" to 2". According to the dealership, it will actually make the bike easier to handle at slow speeds. The only issue that I was able to get from my co-worker who owns a Tour Deluxe is if the tank is full of gas...it can be top heavy. But as soon as you take off, it is smooth as silk on the highway.

I've checked the specs on the Venture and Tour Deluxe as far as seat height is concerned. The Venture has a seat height of 29.5" while the Tour Deluxe has a seat height of 29.1". Not much difference. I sat on his bike this morning and I can almost flat foot the bike standing straight....not on its side stand. With another inch lowered, I am confident that I can flat foot the bike with no problems.

Thanks for all your inputs and as soon as I can get some pics of my new ride, I will post it here.

Look for boots with an extra 2" tread :thumbsup2:

Thanks for all your input. Here is a glimpse of the Venture that I may p/up late this weekend or early next week. The dealership had already installed a run/brake light that is installed on top of the trunk and added a light bar. They are just waiting for the Barron's kit to arrive for installation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120304798155

As far as lowering the front, I think I will not go that route. Some Venture riders say just to keep the forks and rear shocks on '0' pressure and it should be fine. A good 2 inch sole on a boot will definitely help too....I wonder where I can find one that tall?

I only have the back lowered by about 1'5" to 2". According to the dealership, it will actually make the bike easier to handle at slow speeds.

Well, I'm not sure what the dealership is getting at there.

Lowering just the rear of the bike will increase the rake angle and cause the bike to handle more sluggishly. I actually did just the opposite to my bike. I put a kit on it to raise the rear of the bike and this made it much more responsive. Now I'm tall so that was not a problem for me.

Nice looking steed Mike. I'm sure your going to have alot of fun on it.

I just got off the phone with the dealership. Looking at the specs of the Tour Deluxe with a seat height of 29.1" and the Venture with 29.5", we are just looking at 0.4 inch difference.....(not even an inch higher)...So, I told the dealership to skip on lowering the bike and I will pick it up tomorrow around lunch time.

I just have to find myself a riding boot with a 2 inch heel....either my local Harley dealership or our local Renegade clothing shop may carry them.

Mike, that is a good looking bike, I really like the color scheme.

I hope you will have plenty of riding seasons ahead....:biker:

73's

Thanks, Skid. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. Before then, I am going to get myself a pair of boots with 2" heels. :dancefool:

73s and Regards.

On the shoes I think wally world carries some of the harley brand boots, and places like tractor supply or rural king around here have boots like that also. The only bad thing on the boots is they are very heavy I have a pair and alway carry my comfortable shoes shen we go somewere. Good luck with the new bike!! Once you get used to it you will wonder why you didnt have it along time ago. Keivn

N3FOL, so you're the one that out bid me on the bike. :-) I have a 99 now and you'll love the blue one. Good luck with it.

Spotsy

Sorry about that Spotsy, but looking on eBay...there seem to be more Ventures for sale. I think there are at least 2 '08's right now still up for grabs.

Ride safe.

On the shoes I think wally world carries some of the harley brand boots, and places like tractor supply or rural king around here have boots like that also. The only bad thing on the boots is they are very heavy I have a pair and alway carry my comfortable shoes shen we go somewere. Good luck with the new bike!! Once you get used to it you will wonder why you didnt have it along time ago. Keivn

I visited a Renegade Clothing store here in York County, PA. last night and they did have some boots and most Harley brands...but they did feel a little too heavy for me. I have a pair of steel toe boots with an 1'5" heel...so I hope this will do it for now. ;)

I finally picked up my Blue Venture and she is a beauty. Saturday morning, I started early around 5 am and headed west to Pittsburgh, PA for a nice 300 mile ride. Once I got there at the dealership, I stayed for another hour and off I go with my new ride for another 300 mile run back home.

I will post some pictures sometime Sunday or early Monday morning. Thanks for all your input....BTW, I am 5'5" and did not need to have my Venture lowered at all (glad I did not go that route). I can at least flat foot one side and the other with a little tip toe...I am just wearing my regular riding boots ;).

I finally picked up my Blue Venture and she is a beauty. Saturday morning, I started early around 5 am and headed west to Pittsburgh, PA for a nice 300 mile ride. Once I got there at the dealership, I stayed for another hour and off I go with my new ride for another 300 mile run back home.

I will post some pictures sometime Sunday or early Monday morning. Thanks for all your input....BTW, I am 5'5" and did not need to have my Venture lowered at all (glad I did not go that route). I can at least flat foot one side and the other with a little tip toe...I am just wearing my regular riding boots ;).

Hey I was wondering how you made out with the new bike, how long did it take to wipe that smile off your face:big-grin-emoticon: Craig

Hey I was wondering how you made out with the new bike, how long did it take to wipe that smile off your face:big-grin-emoticon: Craig

I think it is permanent...no more looking back on another bike. I almost fell asleep on the ride :cold: home, it was sooooooo comfy. :Laugh: