IGNORED

Voyager price?

6pak

I was talking to a Honda Kawasaki dealer in Rockingham NC yesterday, trying to get an idea on a price for the new voyager. Liz and I are still trying to decide between a new wing, venture or voyager. The guy told me that as of yet they don't have any more info on them than what we've already seen posted here. He also told me that the way kawasaki is acting it looks like the voyager will be released as an early 2010 model. So that pretty much puts it out of the running for me. If the dealer doesn't know anything about them, then it's pretty much out as far as we're concerned.. Also I don't know what it means, but Honda corp sent me a form to fill out concerning what went down at the store in alcoa.:2cents:

I spoke to a Kawasaki dealer last week and he told me next April they'll

be in his showroom. The price would be between 16,500 and 18,000 depending on extras.

Yikes!!! I wonder what that will equate to up here in CaNuhDuh....eh

I spoke to a Kawasaki dealer last week and he told me next April they'll

be in his showroom. The price would be between 16,500 and 18,000 depending on extras.

I bet it's higher then that. There's a lot of technology in that bike.

Yikes!!! I wonder what that will equate to up here in CaNuhDuh....eh

Rick, i'm sorry to intervene here,but your Case makes Sense to me. Your 1Gen seems to have a hard Time finding a new Home, that Cowasaki puts shocking Waves through your Body....

Best would be, you keep your 1Gen Rocket and start saving Money for the all new and even faster 2010 Venture ??

I talked to a Kawasaki dealer last week also. He went to the dealer show recently. He also said no one knows what the price will be. Also said the bike wouldn't go into production until January. He said Kawasaki asked dealers how they felt about the bike and asked for their input. One thing he said he would like to see was a way to slide the rear passenger backrest back. I think he said the older models were built so you slide the trunk back about 4". He said this not me, eveyone doesn't have a wife that weighs 105 pounds so the adjustment would be good for the, ah em "full figured women". But it was interesting that Kawasaki was asking the dealers for their input. I also talked to a yamaha dealer the same day and I told him there were a lot of people disappointed with the 09 venture. He said he was just as disappointed. He said the touring market was a big market but yamaha doesn't seem to care about getting their share. He said a dealer usually only gets 2 ventures each year. He also said yamaha makes a good product but they do things their way and they don't listen to anything the dealers say. He said he had been going to dealer meetings for years and has head many good suggestions but yamaha couldn't care less about what the dealers say. I think he may be right.

I think it's a good looking bike but I've pretty much decided that it's not for me. The belt drive is a non-issue or me. I've had belt drives on Harley's and never had to replace one. I'm not really 100% crazy about the looks of the fairing though and I don't like that it is a shorter bike than the Venture. I am tall and need a LOT of leg room. I will wait and see if Yamaha comes out with a 2010 model that retains the cruiser styling but adds some variation of the new VMAX motor. I would love to see a new RSV that pretty much retains the current styling but adds the new motor along with a few other improvements such as ABS, better sound system, etc. Otherwise, I'll likely keep riding my '99 for quiet some time.

Rick, i'm sorry to intervene here,but your Case makes Sense to me. Your 1Gen seems to have a hard Time finding a new Home, that Cowasaki puts shocking Waves through your Body....

Best would be, you keep your 1Gen Rocket and start saving Money for the all new and even faster 2010 Venture ??

man... you crack me up!! :rotf: :rotf:

I'm determined to upgrade next spring and I'm sure I'll sell the '87 then (if not over the winter). I am seriously looking at the '09 Ultra and will be looking at the "Cow" Voyager as well. The '09 Ultra is listed at the local dealer for 23,500. I figure the Voyager to run around 22k up here so with that in mind, those "shocking waves" will be spread out over several months of payments to my banker which will diminish the blow significantly. On the other hand, I haven't ruled out an older 2nd gen either but come spring, I will definately be riding a new or newer scoot.