IGNORED

2009 international rally up date

Snarley Bill

since all the members are going have input on our meet this year i am going to keep you informed every so often on whats happening on our planning committee. we have had a lull in the planning due to some personal mishaps and bringing a busy riding season to an end. after the st. jude ride we are going to start kicking butt again and cindy who is incharge of registration along with black owl will be getting the registration fee together and start taking registrations. since this is going to be a very big meet. we need all you folks to plan ahead so we can figure attendence numbers for the t-shirt orders and planning for the final dinner. the 60 rooms at the hub are full and we are starting to fill motels in nearby harrison. here's what we have so far. we are going to have maps available so groups can get together and plan individual rides. there will be to many bikes for planned rides for the whole group. we are going to have a catered final dinner in the awesome hall that we have available. we are going to have vendors on site inside the airconditioned hall. danob11 is incharge of the vendors . blackowl has suggested having skilled riding games so we will be working on that. rose bud is working on name pins for all the people who register, that are really neat so we know everyones name. don freebird has come up with an awesome logo for your t-shirts, and name pins that you will get with your registration. buddy is handling the motel accomodations and has a list of them on the site. roadkill is working on the raffles and i think we are going to raffle off a trailer again. colesgrandpa is working on the rides and ride maps. dooder1 and i are bringing up the rear and working on the food and all the junk that no one else is working on. members of the committee have been to the hub and they are working with us to make this one great meet. we have a great group working on this and i can't thank them enough. squidly and don freebird are on board to keep me out of trouble and make sure we don't forget anything. we have a few neat things in the works that i will let out down the road if they work out. anyone who has any ideas to make this meet any better. email me and we will take them into consideration. like i said this is your meet and we want it to be the best and most enjoyable ever. bill :welcome1::2133:

Guest Swifty

what....NO CITY given, NO DATES given, HOTELS ARE BOOKED, NO CAMPSITE NAMES?....I know I've been riding all summer but hold the horses gentlemen, let me get back in this here wagon train...WHEN DID ALL THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AND I click on VRrallies....and I only see stuff for 2008...(who's got time for all this, eh Freebird?)

Can someone send me a link where there's all the information, and not a hundred pages of chatter to read through, please, thanks.

what....NO CITY given, NO DATES given, HOTELS ARE BOOKED, NO CAMPSITE NAMES?....I know I've been riding all summer but hold the horses gentlemen, let me get back in this here wagon train...WHEN DID ALL THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AND I click on VRrallies....and I only see stuff for 2008...(who's got time for all this, eh Freebird?)

Can someone send me a link where there's all the information, and not a hundred pages of chatter to read through, please, thanks.

where you been? I know...riding...:doh: but maybe this will help ya out. Marble Falls Arkansas, at the HUB Aug 3-6, 2009.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108

:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by Wolfie

Guest maddabber

Well you know Swifty is very old and being a Teacher he needs his summers off with Geritol to keep him reved up. :crackup::crackup::crackup: So how many k's did you put on this summer OH educated one:bowdown::bowdown:.

Darrell

Guest Swifty
Well you know Swifty is very old and being a Teacher he needs his summers off with Geritol to keep him reved up. :crackup::crackup::crackup: So how many k's did you put on this summer OH educated one:bowdown::bowdown:.

Darrell

you'll have to ask my personal calculator...I don't keep track...I DO know it was only a 2-tire change season for the bike this summer, plus 18,000kms on the car.

Okay, all this talk about "dry county" has got me wondering... (and don't take this the wrong way or personally or anything like that)

If it were a dry county and you couldn't get beer (alcohol) would that really affect you? Would you have less fun? Would you have no fun? Would you even consider not coming to the rally because you have to have the stuff to have fun? If it were a law that you couldn't bring any alcohol into the county would you consider breaking the law and smuggling some in? :confused24:

Not insinuating that anyone is an alcoholic or anything like that. I understand that lots of people like having a beer or 2 at the end of the day or whenever but do you consider a function LESS fun or LESS enjoyable by not being able to have an alcoholic beverage?

Used to drink myself in college but I rarely, if ever, drink now a days. I just don't understand all the concern with the county being dry and the assurance having to be made that there will be alcohol there.

Please take this with the spirit intended and don't get offended by my desire to know the way some of you think about this. :whistling: :banana:

i think the dry county thing on here was meant to be kind of a joke. but it is something that has to be adressed. for the people that like to have a cold one, like me, and alot of others, we have it covered, i don't care for soda or iced tea. but i happen to like the taste of beer, and so do alot of others. like i said this meet is for everyone so everyone should have what they want. the beer situation was an issue and it will be legally taken care of. we will not be breaking any laws. the owners of the hub have informed me of what can legally be done and we will do everything within the law. i have been to alot of venture meets where there was alchohol present and have never seen anyone over do it yet. i trust the members on here to be more intellegent then that. did'nt want the beer issue to turn into a major thing of importance so before it does i just wanted to clear it up. there are certain rules the hub has and if everyone follows them we will have no problems. when i went to vogel the last two years we were in a dry county. lots of people had alchohol and there were no major problems. hope this clears thingds up a bit. bill :2133:

Sorry Bill I guess I shouldn't have joked about "dry county".

Forgot how sensitive some people are.

So I shouldn't bring up smoking......

not a problem. we do have a 25 acre paved smoking area under the stars. :rasberry: just a joke, really. i think we are going to have all the bases covered. the committee is going to do it's best to make everyone happy, and see to it that every one has a great time. i think before it's over i'm going to find out what it's like to be president. :depressed: :sign29:

Sorry Bill I guess I shouldn't have joked about "dry county".

Forgot how sensitive some people are.

So I shouldn't bring up smoking......

Hold on, not sensitive, just wondered why people seemed to have a cow about dry counties and not being able to get their booze. :stickpoke: :whistling: ;)

Didn't realize that you were joking, and that's part of what was behind the question. It's all good... as long as nobody goes drinking and then riding. :happy34:

Well, that never stopped anyone from having fun at Vogel, and that was in a dry county.............Right Dan..........:nanner:

{quote=wpredock;260882] When i went to vogel the last two years we were in a dry county. lots of people had alchohol and there were no major problems. hope this clears thingds up a bit. bill :2133:

Okay, all this talk about "dry county" has got me wondering... (and don't take this the wrong way or personally or anything like that)

If it were a dry county and you couldn't get beer (alcohol) would that really affect you? Would you have less fun? Would you have no fun? Would you even consider not coming to the rally because you have to have the stuff to have fun? If it were a law that you couldn't bring any alcohol into the county would you consider breaking the law and smuggling some in? :confused24:

Not insinuating that anyone is an alcoholic or anything like that. I understand that lots of people like having a beer or 2 at the end of the day or whenever but do you consider a function LESS fun or LESS enjoyable by not being able to have an alcoholic beverage?

Used to drink myself in college but I rarely, if ever, drink now a days. I just don't understand all the concern with the county being dry and the assurance having to be made that there will be alcohol there.

Please take this with the spirit intended and don't get offended by my desire to know the way some of you think about this. :whistling: :banana:

Edited by DragonRider