IGNORED

ddoggmas 88 Venture Progress Reports

ddoggma

Bikes coming along, seafoam and idle adjustment has is idleing with the choke off now. Bled all the hydraulics, rode it around the parking lot across from me, Felt good, not tippy and the weight didn't bother me at all. I have to get tires and 2 diaphragms for the wells on the bars. Its backfiring a little at idle, but seems to run good. Battery tender hooked up. What tires of these 3? Perrelli, Maxxis or Kenda? I felt no wobble and think I could ride it around a little to help get the carbs clean etc. But . the back tire has cracks inbetween every groove, on the outside where it meets the side wll sort of. There both Metzs and old so they gotta go.Thanks again guys and gals, everything Ive done so far I have gotten from you.:)

Hey that's mean. I was just trying to help and the bridgstones are better then the metzlers now aren't they. Besides I didn't know anything about the three tires he mentioned for a bike. Only ever heard of the Pirrelli, and only for cars. So I really couldn't help him with those. I tried anyway, how many of the other gals even know about the tires? Hmmm.

:nanner:

Margaret

Well I ain't gonna say it myself but a guy I ride with from time to time has a bike just like mine, color and everything and he just loves the Bridgestones. Especially with white walls.

Now I didn't say he was smart, I'm just saying he likes the Bridgestones.

Good Luck with the search Margaret.

Jerry

Sorry about stealing the thread. I didn't mean it to happen it's all Freebird's fault. Now I have to spend some time looking for three people who posted they liked the bridgestone tires. I just tried to help out and now I have a homework assignment. Unless I can delete one since Boo provided one without a name.:whistling:

Margaret

lol. Its all good. I'm leaning to the Perrillis cause I have heard of them. A member here has recommended the Maxxis. And I saw a review of the Kenda tire which was favorable.They are all in the $60.00 range. Which is what I'm gonna try for the first set of tires

Your options are limited. The weight of the bike and it's passenger capacity require a big load rating, as well as matching the size and speed ratings. Dunlops' Elite II/III series, Avons, and a few others are the types most seem to use. Bridgestone has a tire, but I read more negative than positive about them here. Avons seem to be more performance/traction oriented, while Dunlops seem to be the choice for all around performance with long life. Don't know which you prefer. Metzlers have advocates here, but some problem reports also.

I usually order mine through a local shop, and he's got them ready to install in a few days. Costs a little more, but he backs them and doesn't charge too much for installation.

Bikes coming along, seafoam and idle adjustment has is idleing with the choke off now. Bled all the hydraulics, rode it around the parking lot across from me, Felt good, not tippy and the weight didn't bother me at all. I have to get tires and 2 diaphragms for the wells on the bars. Its backfiring a little at idle, but seems to run good. Battery tender hooked up. What tires of these 3? Perrelli, Maxxis or Kenda? I felt no wobble and think I could ride it around a little to help get the carbs clean etc. But . the back tire has cracks inbetween every groove, on the outside where it meets the side wll sort of. There both Metzs and old so they gotta go.Thanks again guys and gals, everything Ive done so far I have gotten from you.:)

The Brickstones were so loud on my 2006 Midnight that I actually thought I was regaining some of my hearing. Man them puppy are LOUD!!!!!!!!!!

Tried Dunlop 404s they seem to be alot more quite and do the job.

I vote No for Brickstone ... sorry Margret.

Steve

aka Bubber

Bike it running alot better now after day thee of the seafoam in there. I changed the oil and filter using "Castrol 4T Motorcycle oil 20-50 weight" and now the clutch is grabbing,she stalls when I put it in gear, I just tryed to bleed it with the mityvac and it looked like I did it right, but its still doing it. It did work once and I thought it was back to normal but it started doing it again. I can move it when its in gear with the clutch in. moves alittle better in neutral. Whats up? Oil too thick. The stuff I drained out was beat and black, not many little metal pieces thou. I knew I was getting too lucky. Well I hope this is an easy fix.I'm thinking its gonna need the master and slave rebuilt,which I should be able to do.

:8: Well either it fixed itself or I was trying to put it in gear with the kick stand down. In any case it's working good now with the 20-50 weight in it. It's running better everytime I start it up now. All I have to do is get that new rubber on it and fix a couple plastic things and she will be ready for inspection. I'll be pulling the wheels off next and I think I'm going with the Perelli tires.

• 2 weeks later...

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=894Man, I'm kicking myself now. I could of had this on the road for this weekend and most likely ran it up to Reading for the PA ride this weekend. But with no title in hand I cant get tags:bang head: Yammy dealer will mount em for 25 each, the Harley place wants 40 a pop. So, tomorrow I take em up to the yammy guy to get mounted. I went with the "Kenda Kruz" tire. Both made week 26/08 very fresh......mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=892

picture.php?albumid=163&pictureid=893

Won't be long now.

He quoted me $25.00 per tire to mount and balance. I had specifically ask him "If I bring in the wheels and tires. How much to mount them?" Today when I went to pay him. He goes "that will be $74.00" When I ask him why. He said "you didn't buy the tires from me, did you?" "So thats the price." This was after he ignored me for 10 mins while he put price stickers on sparkplug boxes. Also they said come back after noon. I came back well after 3:00PM And they still weren't done. The place is called "Cycle City:Broomall, PA."

I already don't like these guys. the arrogance was unbelievable, Like he was doing me a favor bye ripping me off and wasting my time. I really don't look forward to have to deal with these guys at all in the future. I would have taken them to a different place had I known they were gonna be aholes...sigh OK, I had to vent. Now I'm gonna go put them on the bike. Man, that guy pissed me off......:headache:

Look at it this way, how much sales tax would you have to pay on a new Bike ??

Once you get it going, and all the cob webs worked out, you have a machine that would run over 150K or more miles. Compare to a new bike , plus sales tax. These bikes run to well over 150K. Most of the problems only need to be fixed Once, and then normal maintenance, and your on the road !!!

Whatever problems you run into, the guys here will have the answers for you !!

:900[1]: