IGNORED

Looking for Tire Dealer

jryan

Any recommendations where I can buy a front Dunlop Elite II online, from a place where they haven't been sitting around for years on the shelf?

I put new Elite II's on last year & just getting ready for another trip & noticed a small cut in the sidewall...I don't "think" it's a big deal, but better safe than sorry...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...JR

Unfortunately, SW MotoTires doesn't have any D491 Elite IIs...they did suggest the D404 since it has the same tread pattern...is that a good idea? Or are there any other suggested sites?

• 2 months later...

I do not believe Dunlop Elite IIs are being made any longer. Any you find are likely old stock. Dunlop has been slowly phasing out the EII for the EIII. Although they have not officially said so, I personally believe that they have delayed the introduction of some sizes in the EIII to move leftover EIIs. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I just put Elite 3's on my Wing and I am very impressed with the ride and feel of these tires. Right now it's too early to determine the milage I will get out of them, however, I do believe they give me a more comfortable ride and better traction than the 491 Elite 2's I have on my Venture. I would not hesitate to put either the Elite 3's or Avon's (which I had on my RSTD) on if you cannot find the 491's your looking for. I have never tried the Michelin Commander's but several here like them and stand by them so there is a third option.

Later...

• 2 months later...

I am in the process of shopping for some new Michelin Commanders for my 99 RSV.

How do I tell when they were made?

I am assuming if I ask before I order that they will tell me.

If I end up with a less than knowledgable salesperson, I figure if I know how to tell when they were made might help.

Thanks,

Ross

I believe Goose is correct, I also heard they had quit making the EII's and was surprised to see someone had a tire with a late 06 date on it.

I have a E III on the rear of my bike and it has nearly 19,000 miles on it and I would guess I will get another 5 to 8K out of it. I think the rubber is a little hard but I like the ride and the handling.

Good luck with the tires,

Jerry