IGNORED

'87 1300cc Engine for sale

igya

So, you have intentions of being slower Brian? Naughty, Naughty! lol

LOL GW,

Well, If Igya still has it and if we can agree on a price,,,,,

it may be an easier and cheaper way to go than doing the rebuild, those trans parts add up, plus theres no 2nd gear issue with a 1300.

Brian

Yeah, I'll have to wait for him on next years PIP trip (slowpoke)..........:stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

Geez a guy cant do nuttin around here.......without getting razzed! LOL thats ok i can take it, I am a big guy......lol.

Careful Paul, your trunk will just about hold a 250 lb weight .....thatll slow you down enuff....even the 2nd gens will catch you then

Brian

Geez a guy cant do nuttin around here.......without getting razzed! LOL thats ok i can take it, I am a big guy......lol.

Careful Paul, your trunk will just about hold a 250 lb weight .....thatll slow you down enuff....even the 2nd gens will catch you then

Brian

Dont sweat it Brian, the 1300 motor is just about as bulletproof as you can get. Just to shut Paul up throw in some Vmax cams and springs while you have it out and then let "The Rocket" try to catch you

:whistling:

Dont sweat it Brian, the 1300 motor is just about as bulletproof as you can get. Just to shut Paul up throw in some Vmax cams and springs while you have it out and then let "The Rocket" try to catch you

:whistling:

Don't forget I'm still here in the background, there, Squid. Still got the VBoost sittin on the bench!!!!!:bikersmilie:

Hey Brian, You go for it. Those 1300's aren't exactely slow... MOF you pro'bley won't be able to tell the difference unless you stick it on a dyno. Besides they have more bottom end 'grunt' than a 1200 ever will have. And guys like us need all the 'haul a$$' we can get.... :whistling: :)

Wellll, if'n he comes to the Int'l Rally next year.........................................

Who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well actually i have a triple room booked at the hub but it is starting to look like i may not be able to make it. But am going to see how things turn out with work , etc.

Geez, we didnt hijack igya's thread or anything, did we? :innocent: Sorry about that Igya

Brian

Do you still have the engine?

Yep. However, the only way a person could come out ahead is to pick it up because of the shipping cost. I could make a free delivery up to about 200 miles from Springfield, MO.

But, I have $750 in it and really don't need to sell it bad enough to loose money on it. That's about the cost of all the 2nd gear parts, not to mention the unbelievable labor envolved.

We'll you know we have to break Igya in right, and no thread is safe from a hijack on this site

:stickpoke:

Hey guys, don't sweat the small stuff. Besides, I enjoy reading all the notes on which is faster. Actually, It's really kind of funny just thinking about pulling up beside two VRs with both engines and turning on the burners of my Honda V65 Magna (which is loaded with touring stuff) and watch the telephone poles go by like a picket fence. Oops! I've done it again! This can will be FULL of angry worms!! Hey, just having fun too.

:big-grin-emoticon:

Yep. However, the only way a person could come out ahead is to pick it up because of the shipping cost. I could make a free delivery up to about 200 miles from Springfield, MO.

But, I have $750 in it and really don't need to sell it bad enough to loose money on it. That's about the cost of all the 2nd gear parts, not to mention the unbelievable labor envolved.

I live in Oklahoma City and could come and get it. Tell me about what you've done to it and how "happy" the motor is.

I live in Oklahoma City and could come and get it. Tell me about what you've done to it and how "happy" the motor is.

Actually, I haven't done anything to it. I bought it from a guy parting out an '87 VR because I didn't want to mess with my '85 1200 when 2nd gear went out. Well, now I've decided to sell my bike and get a newer one. I no longer need the engine. It's been out of a good running bike for only about 2 weeks now. It's good to go. Where do you live in Oklahoma? I go to Claremore now and then to visit. I used to live there.