IGNORED

ET goin' HOME!

FozzyUSN

Finally some good news to report. After living in an apartment for almost 2 years, this kid is getting back into the home ownership business. I recently found a 2189 sq ft split-level with 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, and family room for a resonable price for my youngest boy and myself. It has 0.4 acres of land (plenty for adding a pool in the spring) and a 2 car garage that seems to be big enough to put the car, truck, & bike inside during the winter.

Financing in going to be through the VA and the rates are finally looking a bit competitive against conventional loans. Closing will be Nov 25 and possesion will be the first of December. My son was very excited, until he seen the yard that has to be cut. His first order of business is getting a puppy come spring time.

I had already planned on visiting the pound in looking for a pup. My son wants a German Shephard and I'm partial to Shelties. May come home with one of each if we're lucky.

The high winds in the Dayton area has played total havoc with power, roofs, and trees. People are lining up outside of gas stations and anyplace that can provide a warm meal. The apartment I currently live at lost almost all of it's shingles (the installers didn't remove the little plastic strip covering the strip of tar on the bottom) and was out yesterday morning helping maintenance clean up since work was closed. Outside of stupidity, most have had nothing more than the inconvenience of no power or cable.