IGNORED

89 backrest for my poor back...OEM would be nice.

videoarizona

Roll up a sleeping bag, lay it down so the end of the bedroll is against your back, toss a bungy over the bag into the rider hand holds.. Sit down and press on the bedroll until it conforms.. Have ridden THOUSANDS of miles like that..

David,, I may have an extra 1st Gen MK1 backrest,, not sure if its workable on the 89 MK2,, I have an 87 MK2 I will look at and see if they are adaptable...

Edited by cowpuc

I sent VideoAz a PM today that I had checked both the 87 and Tweeks (83) and found they are completely different in backrest application.. I described exactly what the pictures above show - a slide in type for the 87.. Now I look at these pics and gotta ask,, would the MK1 rest bolt up to the area where the mounts on the pics above show if we could come up with a set of mounts for the Mk1???

David,

I have an OEM on my 87 that you could try out for a while and see how it works for you. I am currently TDY in New Mexico but when I get back I can take it off and you can try it out. I have the same one on my 89 and I love it.

Thanks, Bill. Will take you up on your kind offer when you get a chance.

This will give me an idea if I like the OEM...and how to install. Then I can take a closer look at the other two backrests you guys have offered up.

Thanks!

Edited by videoarizona
add info

Yes, that's it. How does that attach? Is there a hole that's covered on the seat frame? I don't see any way to attach anything to the side rail, the seat or the frame.

Guess I'll wait until KIC's TDY is over and he's had some time with family before zipping up to Tucson to see first hand...

Thanks, Kevin...

Yes, that's it. How does that attach? Is there a hole that's covered on the seat frame? I don't see any way to attach anything to the side rail, the seat or the frame.

Guess I'll wait until KIC's TDY is over and he's had some time with family before zipping up to Tucson to see first hand...

Thanks, Kevin...

Both the Markland and the VentureLine mount the same way on the MKII.

Untitled.jpg

Yes, that is the same one I have on the 87 and 89. It is real easy on, easy off. I take it off when my wife is riding around town with me so she can get on & off easier..she can get on & off with it on, just easier with it off. It is also adjustable for personal comfort. Got a surprise this morning with the weatherman's " slight chance of rain" David, I might shoot home for the weekend..not sure, depends on the case load on Friday..

snow.jpg

Edited by KIC

David, I might shoot home for the weekend..not sure, depends on the case load on Friday..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96582[/ATTACH]

Snow! Yikes! - I don't want to take time away from family...but Let me know if you want company on Saturday/Sunday. I'll either drive up or take one of the bikes....

Thanks again!

I have an OEM backrest available. with mounting brackets. I also have an aftermarket seat with an integral backrest available. Both are for the 86 to 93 models.

Les, Let me see what the OEM is like.....then I'll ask for pics of your seat and backrest. Never hurts to look around...!!thanks...

Yes, that is the same one I have on the 87 and 89. It is real easy on, easy off. I take it off when my wife is riding around town with me so she can get on & off easier..she can get on & off with it on, just easier with it off. It is also adjustable for personal comfort. Got a surprise this morning with the weatherman's " slight chance of rain" David, I might shoot home for the weekend..not sure, depends on the case load on Friday..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96582[/ATTACH]

Now that is a purdy picture........