IGNORED

my first street rod

Snarley Bill

Hey Bill so cool and old school! Love the full moon hub caps! Oh,Oh now i"m giving away my age.:thumbsup2:
i always loved the 39 ford coupe body style. but my favorite is a willys coupe. if i retire again and have any money left. i want to build a willys coupe with a blown ford motorsport 460 with a built cruisomatic, tubbed out, stones woods and cook style agas, with a ford motor instead of an olds. this has always been my life time dream. don't think it will become a reality in this day and age. just to expensive. i figure $60.000 if i do the work myself. guess i'll keep on dreaming. :draming: :rotf:

Bill, isn't that a '40? The more vertical headlights are 40 style rather than 39. Or did you change the headlights?

Cool car either way. I must have built and destroyed 20 40 Ford AMT kits in grade/high school. Still have one of them on my shelf.

Bill, isn't that a '40? The more vertical headlights are 40 style rather than 39. Or did you change the headlights?

Cool car either way. I must have built and destroyed 20 40 Ford AMT kits in grade/high school. Still have one of them on my shelf.

His car definately has a '39 grille but from the angle and the size of the pic, it's hard to tell if they are '39 headlight bezels...I believe they are...

Me too about the AMT kits... from about 8 yrs old right thru to my early 40's I've been a car model builder ... no idea how many of those 39/40 Ford kits I've done but lots! I only have 2 models left now tho... I got a 1/8 scale Monogram '32 Ford and a 1/25 scale IH cabover tractor. The cabover was bought/built during my days managing a heavy truck lease/rental operation for IH called Idealease in Calgary, Alberta. The '32 is my second one... the first I built when I was around 18 and won 1st place in a car model contest. My current one is in pieces waiting for me to rebuild it. Had it now for about 20 yrs.

oooops... here I go hijacking again..... :eek: :eek: