IGNORED

Got reverse put on my trike.

Steve S

Hello Venturers.

Monday, I took my trike to Hannigan's in Murray KY to have a reverse put on it.  I picked it up yesterday afternoon and was really happy with the results of the work they did.

They took the trike cover off, modified the trailer hitch, installed a flywheel on the driveshaft and added a starter to "propel" the trike backwards. I mean it doesn't slowly roll backwards; it PROPELS it backwards. (Not dangerously fast).  Thankfully it has a momentary switch that activates the starter, and a single tap makes it start rolling and several times that has been enough to take care of the issues of needing room to go forward. 

The final cost was right at $1700 but I am very satisfied with the quality job they did. 

Steve

• Like 2

Glad you like it.  I don't use the reverse all that often but it is really nice when I need it.  I have the floorboards so probably use it more than somebody without them.  Actually do use it to back out of my garage.  You are correct, it is NOT slow.  :)

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, Steve S said:

Hello Venturers.

Monday, I took my trike to Hannigan's in Murray KY to have a reverse put on it.  I picked it up yesterday afternoon and was really happy with the results of the work they did.

They took the trike cover off, modified the trailer hitch, installed a flywheel on the driveshaft and added a starter to "propel" the trike backwards. I mean it doesn't slowly roll backwards; it PROPELS it backwards. (Not dangerously fast).  Thankfully it has a momentary switch that activates the starter, and a single tap makes it start rolling and several times that has been enough to take care of the issues of needing room to go forward. 

The final cost was right at $1700 but I am very satisfied with the quality job they did. 

Steve

My bike already came with forward & reverse parking assist. 😁