IGNORED

223 ammo

DragonRider

Not in NC.  High or unavailable most everywhere.  GunBroker has some but near $1 for a 9mm.  I  bought 1000 9mm a year ago last summer for just under $300.00.  Will be like this for a long time.  The biggest problem is primers.  Only a few manufacturers of them.  Look at the price of firearms.  I bought a pistol last fall on a flash sale for $335 that now lists for $575.  Wish you luck.

I haven't seen too much 223 but the shops around here seem to have a lot of 556. I don't use them but I do have a few guns that I reload for. My problem is finding brass for one that I just bought. unless I buy loaded and then shoot for the brass, It is a Weatherby mark 5 in 257 mag. I am not worried about primers or bullets as I have plenty as With this cal. I load for two other riels #1 Remington 7mm mag. and #2  Kimber 280 Ackley Improved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 8:00 AM, MonsterBiker said:

At nearly $1 a round that "sale" price is high and the supposed regular price is up in gouging territory.  Pre ammo panic buying .223 and 5.56x45 was readily available off the shelf around $0.20 a round.  But......that's how supply and demand works.

I guess things are a lot cheaper in Florida..  The last time I picked some up here in California it was $7 bucks a box of 20  Federals.  On sale at $6 once in a while..  At $.20/rd...$4/box.. you should have bought a ton...

15 hours ago, Condor said:

I guess things are a lot cheaper in Florida..  The last time I picked some up here in California it was $7 bucks a box of 20  Federals.  On sale at $6 once in a while..  At $.20/rd...$4/box.. you should have bought a ton...

I DID !!!

17 hours ago, Condor said:

Everything is cheaper in Florida than California.  That price was a stable, everyday price until the craziness started.....then it was too late to stock up.