Jump to content
IGNORED

Reverse Trike for the RSV


Prairiehammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...

I already have my rear with the Hannigan trike, but seeing this, I wonder about getting the front done also. The biggest concern, other than cost, would be that my 07 Venture already has 50k miles on her. Do I want to invest another 20k(?) into her. - But….. I would have a VERY unique bike!  I would have to ride a front end trike to see how she handled, before investing even more into mine.

Edited by craigatcsi
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, craigatcsi said:

I already have my rear with the Hannigan trike, but seeing this, I wonder about getting the front do also. The biggest concern, other than cost, would be that my 07 Venture already has 50k miles on her. Do I want to invest another 20k(?) into her. - But….. I would have on VERY unique bike!  I would have to ride a front end trike to see how she handled, before investing even more into mine.

Be careful of that, check your local laws. When Hannigan introduced the HRT (Hannigan Reverse Trike) for the Goldwing they did a double conversion and had a lot of trouble, some states labeled it a passenger car since it had 4 tires so it had to meet safety regulations of a car. I don’t know how it ended up but he had a fight on his hands to build them. His first argument was all bikes with a bolt on trike kit have 4 tires. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that is interesting. Heck, when registering it as a car, their mandatory helmet law wouldn’t apply!  :)  But really, it would make as much sense as registering the Slingshot as a motorcycle. In my opinion, lawmakers can make the stipulation that if one straddles a vehicle, then it is a motorcycle. If not, and it has a steering wheel, then it is a car. Personally, I think it ridiculous to label the slingshot as a bike AND in states with a helmet law, (like my Nebraska), you have to wear a helmet to drive it! I would like to have one, but I’ll be damned if I would wear a helmet, yet when in my brother’s little Nissan convertible he doesn’t have to. Anyone with at least ‘half a brain’ can look at a 4 wheel Venture and see that it is still a motorcycle. But sometimes it seems that our lawmakers don’t have at least ‘half a brain’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, craigatcsi said:

Now that is interesting. Heck, when registering it as a car, their mandatory helmet law wouldn’t apply!  :)  But really, it would make as much sense as registering the Slingshot as a motorcycle. In my opinion, lawmakers can make the stipulation that if one straddles a vehicle, then it is a motorcycle. If not, and it has a steering wheel, then it is a car. Personally, I think it ridiculous to label the slingshot as a bike AND in states with a helmet law, (like my Nebraska), you have to wear a helmet to drive it! I would like to have one, but I’ll be damned if I would wear a helmet, yet when in my brother’s little Nissan convertible he doesn’t have to. Anyone with at least ‘half a brain’ can look at a 4 wheel Venture and see that it is still a motorcycle. But sometimes it seems that our lawmakers don’t have at least ‘half a brain’.

You have to remember most law makers and government officials Don't or even ever have live in the real world. Fortunately there are a small handful that do or we would really be in KAKA.......Yup I used @Marcarl's KAKA word :confused24:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, saddlebum said:

You have to remember most law makers and government officials Don't or even ever have live in the real world. Fortunately there are a small handful that do or we would really be in KAKA.......Yup I used @Marcarl's KAKA word :confused24:

That'll cost yah!!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...