IGNORED

Handle bars on 85 Venture Royal are killing me

mlwinut

Actually, one of the great things I have always loved about our 1st Gen Ventures is the totally adjustable bars. They are adjustable both at the triple trees and on the bar ends. I am an old chopper rider who always LOVED 6 bend pull backs and the Ventures (1st Gens) are the only scoots I have ever owned that came from the factory with bars I could fold back and in enough to get that chopper "feel" out of a long distance touring bike.

Might suggest that you center stand your bike, get it set up in the seat/backrest/peg/brake/shifter position that really feels good. Then remove the bars from the tree's and loosen them at the ends, then adjust away until you know for sure that they can or cant get what you need.. There are things you can do to grip length (my 83/84's all came with longer grips that were flexible on the ends that I have always LOVED too - I love hands on the flexible ends - resting on my knees while I am leaned back on my wife)..

On the same token though, if nothing works, I do not believe I have ever seen a bar clamp conversion to be able to put regular bars on the 1st Gen tree's.. There are a LOT of folks on here who know a lot more than I do about em,, lets see if someone can correct that thought!!

By the way Matt, :2YELLOW:and good luck with your endeavor to get your bike to fit you!

Puc

I'm thinking you just need to do a little more setup work adjusting them.

They literally will go 360 Degrees around on the risers and have height and angle adjustments on the bars.

If the oem 83-91 Venture bars can't be adjusted to fit you, then there's no bars out there that will....

I'm thinking you just need to do a little more setup work adjusting them.

They literally will go 360 Degrees around on the risers and have height and angle adjustments on the bars.

If the oem 83-91 Venture bars can't be adjusted to fit you, then there's no bars out there that will....

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

wish I could put the 1st gen bars on my 07 RSTD

Ya know what Bill,, I have often thought that if Tip n I ever did end up with an RSV or RSTD we would really really miss the bars on our 83's.. I gotta have "back and in" to get comfortable,, just looking at the RSV's makes me wonder how hard a pair of 6 bend Chopper bars would be to install on one..:think:

Ya know what Bill,, I have often thought that if Tip n I ever did end up with an RSV or RSTD we would really really miss the bars on our 83's.. I gotta have "back and in" to get comfortable,, just looking at the RSV's makes me wonder how hard a pair of 6 bend Chopper bars would be to install on one..:think:

We think too much alike.....:think::Avatars_Gee_George:

Edited by Yammer Dan

Hey Dan O',, get ahold of @Flyinfool and see if he can tweek your vertical hold servo for ya (located frontal lobe, left side), he did mine a while back and it really helped with those stutter bumps. :big-grin-emoticon:

Yep,, we are a lot of like brother!:thumbsup:

Hey Dan O',, get ahold of @Flyinfool and see if he can tweek your vertical hold servo for ya (located frontal lobe, left side), he did mine a while back and it really helped with those stutter bumps. :big-grin-emoticon:

Yep,, we are a lot of like brother!:thumbsup:

How about I just bury y'all in snow to slow down the response time on the clicker finger........:snow: :snow2: :snow: :snow2: :snow::snow2::snow: :snow2:

Or at least keep you trapped outside shoveling........:stirthepot::snow2::whistling:

I think we answered his question, I sure hope that he is not ashamed of not knowing that the bars are adjustable on a 1st gen. Most people do not know that. There are lot lot of things on these bike that most people do not know about. That is why we are here to help. It is usually (not always :whistling:) after the question was answered or problem solved (I hope), that we end up getting side tracked and/or end up in a full blown thread hijack. :snow:

I sure hope the original poster come back to let us know if his problem is solved or if we need to come up with more ideas.

...They literally will go 360 Degrees around on the risers and have height and angle adjustments on the bars...

Kind of correct. My '83 had a pin that would allow you some rotation around the risers. If you drilled a hole in the lower part you could move the lower part of the handlebars 360°. I did that to mine to get it comfortable. However, it affects the clutch/brake reservoirs and hoses and the throttle/choke cables, and you can't use the circular cover at the base of the handlebars (mine was missing). But it was comfortable for me.

Handlebars02.jpg

I eventually changed over to standard handlebars (Ø7/8") from a Maxim that I bent a little so they're comfortable. I do have different handlebars I want to try next.

-Andrew