IGNORED

8549176320 Unique?

TDunc

Ok, I'm bored....

Without looking on the internet, what is unique about the above number.:detective:

First one to post without cheating wins the opportunity to get in your car and go get some ice cream.:cold: You must pay your own bill. (you are the one eating the ice cream by the way)

This kept the kids in my class busy for the entire day Tuesday. Yippee!

Sure am glad I graduated years ago......Things they teach now a days is a lot harder...like when was the last time you solved exponential and radical expressions and equations, using scientific notation and significant figures. Yea man, as if that was something I was going to use or need all my life... Still cant understand why we had to learn it though..

There are several unique/ interesting things about this number.

It is the only number equal to 8549176320.

It contains all digits from 0 thru 9 and only uses each one once.

None of the digits are in numerical order.

Going by the spelled names of each digit they are in alphabetical order.

If you add all of the digits together they equal 45.

If you take 8549176320 and multiply by 9 then add all of the digits of that number together, then add all of the digits of the new number together it will equal 9.

If you factor it out it is equal to 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 5 x 61843.

OK I was bored toooo.......

OK so I am not as bright as your class,but after 12 hours mulling over this,the only thing I can see is that if you spell the numbers out they are in alphabetical order.

sorry I did not get it in 2 minutes used the internet and had it in less the 1 second..... life passes by to fast.

But the best number.....

Way to go pegasus.... go get some ice cream...

EDIT the next line read to the wrong person.... It should have read FlyinFool......

Skydoc... only one thing to say.....DANG SON! And I thought I was bored. Lol

Edited by TDunc

To late, I already went for ice cream and ate it all up.

Remember I was bored tooooo......

There is nothing like going to Leons for ice cream and sitting outside in 10 deg F eating it. And I was not the only one there. Their ice cream is so good you will see people there even at -30 deg F.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I'm bored....

Without looking on the internet, what is unique about the above number.:detective:

First one to post without cheating wins the opportunity to get in your car and go get some ice cream.:cold: You must pay your own bill. (you are the one eating the ice cream by the way)

This kept the kids in my class busy for the entire day Tuesday. Yippee!

The police detective that was interrogating me today said I probably would not have gotten into trouble for dialing 854-917-6320 and talking to the young lady who answered the phone if I wouldnt have asked if there was something "unique" about her numbers... TDunc,, I told him about this thread and that I highly doubted that you had prior knowledge of this particular number belonging to a young single policewoman...

They did let me off BUT,, when I asked about buying me an ice cream cone for all my troubles, the officer suggested that I talk with you about settling up with that. He gave me another unique number I can call that, according to him,, if I left your name on it (I didnt give him your name at my interrogation) it would cost you wayyyyy more than an ice cream cone so you purchasing the ice cream might be the best way to handle this........

Banana Nut ordered from Leatherby's in Sacramento California would be best.....:ice_thy-vi101212101