IGNORED

Exhaust Help! ~ Arizona/Texas

gilgner

Hey Folks,

I'm on a 6000 mile hike through the US... Currently in Phoenix (week of May 19th), Next week Houston (Week of 26th) with 5 days over the weekend to enjoy (I hope).

Im 2600 miles into this trip with i have a 2009 Royal Star Venture that I bought with LAC pipes... the noise is killing me....

I'm looking for New OEM (take-off), Used OEM to swap out before i keep going. Will consider trade, cash, beer or whatever else won't get me arrested.

Thanks

G

Hey Folks,

I'm on a 6000 mile hike through the US... Currently in Phoenix (week of May 19th), Next week Houston (Week of 26th) with 5 days over the weekend to enjoy (I hope).

Im 2600 miles into this trip with i have a 2009 Royal Star Venture that I bought with LAC pipes... the noise is killing me....

I'm looking for New OEM (take-off), Used OEM to swap out before i keep going. Will consider trade, cash, beer or whatever else won't get me arrested.

Thanks

G

Good luck, I"m sure some body here can help you out.... I bought a set of tour deluxe pipes for my 05 venture... I know how you feel, the pipes I had was so loud my wife told if she was going to ride I HAD to quieten the bike down, and she is 1 hellofa BOB so I found a set of pipes here...

try finding a shop that sells the baffle wrap and put more in the pipe. end pieces easy to remove on the LAC's.

If I had time tools and shop I would...

Slip and slide is all I can pull off in a parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Harley Road King mufflers (stock) are easy to find and sound good not too loud can be mounted fairly easly

Hmm... will consider this.. by easily, you mean piano wire and harbor freight or welding bending and beer?

Guest tx2sturgis

In the meantime, I would try some cheap (by that I mean inexpensive) earplugs...save your hearing!

I have some stock rsv pipes here in Illinois I would trade you.:confused24:

if I haven't found some before I get back there I'll swing by. Thanks target is June 1st for Illinois

In the meantime, I would try some cheap (by that I mean inexpensive) earplugs...save your hearing!

Am wearing some (always have). After 2000 miles.. nothing eases the pain.

Hmm... will consider this.. by easily, you mean piano wire and harbor freight or welding bending and beer?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34426

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Star-Venture-Harley-Davidson-Muffler-VTwin-Clamps-II-/251006468295?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7126c0c7&vxp=mtr

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=829525&postcount=8

Pretty much bolt on depends how fancy you want to get and what type of pipes are on there now you may already have some mounting

Thanks sir! I may consider this. Still hoping i can find OEM though (admittedly). Something about "engineered to work together" :stirthepot: I've moded so many bikes over the years... yet... they never run as good as stock.. but that could just be that I suck :rotf:

The Road King muffs are a good option for you in your situation I think. Check a Harley dealr. They may have some take offs they will get rid of for cheap. then to mount them up heck you can probably use the same brackets you have. I would poke a guess the ones you have now were made for a HD and someone put them on the RSV. If not and you need a semi easy way to mount up the Road King muffs you can mount them with a 3/4" P clamp from Home Depot or the like. No matter what you do your going to have to take the bags off to make the swap. The P clamp goes around the bar under the bag in the rear and then a 5/16 (I think) bolt goes in the Muffler. I used a couple of 2" stainless steel hose clamps as muffler clamps.

I had the the same issue on my 98 TC with Bubs installed and pulling my Bushtec, the pipes faced straight back, the noise hits the trailer and echos back at you. On my Venture I have turn-out ends on my Krome Werks, still loud but not nearly as bad. So I am not sure if there is some way to add a 90 degree turn out end to the LAs with out destroying them, maybe some of those cheap and cheerful bolt on exhaust tipps you see in the auto parts stores could work as a temp fix.

I reached out to celtichune, he is the Dallas area to see if he could be of any help while you are in Texas, but Dallas is a fair way from Houston.

I have a pair of stock pipes from a 1989 1st Gen in my garage. You can have them if they would work. The gurus here would have to tell us if they would fit... I am down in Tucson. I also have a garage and tools to put them on if they will work..

OK, just got tipped to this thread by M61A1MECH - I'm in the Dallas area but I can give you a choice - I've got a set of drilled stock mufflers on an '05 RSTD I'm getting ready for a paint job and an absolutely unmolested stock pair presently on a '99 Venture that I'm getting ready to ride. Don't know the route you're taking from Phoenix to Houston (actually, Houston is only a six-pack and a half from here anyway, so it really isn't so far), but If you can let me know when you're heading this direction, I can either meet you somewhere along your route with both pairs and let you take your choice, or we can just get heads together down in Houston and you can do the same. I was going to drill the stock pair to match the RSTD, but if you'd prefer to look at them the way they are, I'll just leave them alone. Looks like we still have time to make arrangements, so just let me know what would work for you...

Just realized that if you're headed to Houston, you haven't much of a choice of routes - it's US 10 or about a million little backroads that I wouldn't really consider spending time on. How much longer are you going to be where you are now? It might be better for both of us if I can arrange to get the stockers to you where you are right now, we'll deal with the other muffs as circumstances permit...

Just realized that if you're headed to Houston, you haven't much of a choice of routes - it's US 10 or about a million little backroads that I wouldn't really consider spending time on. How much longer are you going to be where you are now? It might be better for both of us if I can arrange to get the stockers to you where you are right now, we'll deal with the other muffs as circumstances permit...

The 99 pipes... are they they same look/style as the '05? I think they are just confirming.

Regarding travel plans... done in Phoenix a Thursday. .. need to be in Houston Tuesday afternoon. Had hoped to ride the Sisters but outside of that. ..no fixed plans.

Once in Houston...there it till next Friday at noon... want pipes on by then.

Thanks for all the replies guys

The '99 Venture muffs are exactly the same ones I have on my '05 RSTD - neither of them have the heavy chrome "tips" inside them any more, though. Looks like a "meet" in Houston is probably the best bet; you think you'd prefer the undrilled muffs? They don't have much in the way of wear, the previous owner used RKs, which I don't care for, so he put the stockers back on when I picked it up. Don't know If I can send you a private message, since apparently we both have trial memberships, but I'm going to try to send you an email address that we can further correspond with. Not particularly interested in the LACs, but for the time being I'll store them, and use the RSTD muffs on the Venture - when you get back home we can arrange to get the LACs back to you...Check your User CP in a bit and see if I was successful in getting a message through to you...

celticrhune: you da man. Knowing you, ya probably got packing to go in the muffs he currently is running. :whistling: What about packing it with like 00 or the next higher steel wool? That is if the tips come off and baffles come out. Seems to me M61A1MECH just did that with a set of BUBs