IGNORED

AR tornados..

Eck

The below people were near - or - in the path of the tornatic storms last night and I am hoping we can soon hear from each of them to ensure they and their families are all OK.

My heart goes out to all the families who lost loved ones and their homes from these storms.

BigLenny

Brian

Jdross440

Missionary Rider

Ronnie86

Saltydog

Yammer

Thanks for your concern, my family and I are all safe and the only damage was some trees blown down. Ronnie86

Thanks Ron for the reply.. Glad to hear you and the family are all ok..:thumbsup2:

Eck

Thanks for thinking of us. The tornado started about 7 miles north of us and tracked for over 2 hrs across the state. My brother and sister in law were affected by the storm They live in Mayflower which is one of the towns that had severe damage. They will be okay after having some miner property damage.

This is a sad, very bad situation, with 16 people so far who have lost their lives. The people of Arkansas are strong and very used to picking up the pieces after a tornado and moving forward toward recovery. Already seeing help from other states coming in to assist with the recovery.

Thanks again.

BL

All is good here, we are about 50 mi. west of all the damage.

Tragic video coming from the affected area with several fatalities.

Thanks for the concern........yammer

Thanks Yammer, glad to hear you and the family are all ok.:thumbsup2:

I saw where they got hit really hard....unreal..

Thanks for your concern, my family and I are all safe and the only damage was some trees blown down. Ronnie86

Ronnie,

Glad to hear you're okay. That thing was heading right at Searcy for a while last night. If it would've went through Searcy, there would've been some serious issues due to the larger population area.

Must've helped that all of those Church of Christ students at Harding University were praying. LOL.

Thanks for thinking of us. The tornado started about 7 miles north of us and tracked for over 2 hrs across the state. My brother and sister in law were affected by the storm They live in Mayflower which is one of the towns that had severe damage. They will be okay after having some miner property damage.

This is a sad, very bad situation, with 16 people so far who have lost their lives. The people of Arkansas are strong and very used to picking up the pieces after a tornado and moving forward toward recovery. Already seeing help from other states coming in to assist with the recovery.

Thanks again.

BL

Glad you and your family are safe!! Thanks for your reply. :thumbsup2:

(Quote): I saw where that same unstable weather system is going to be going across your area today. You better know where your fraidy hole is.

Oh I know where my new storm shelter / fraidy hole is, and so do all my neighbors....:whistling:

A bunch of my neighbors have already said: COOL, now I know where I can go ...:think:

We just had a tornado hit 30 minutes to the West. Took out 4 houses. No deaths. It was right where Don used to work. We are very glad no one was hurt.

Here's praying everyone stays safe. I don't think it's over for those of us in the south. We are under several watches until tomorrow.

We made it through last nights round. We are supposed to have another flurry of storms starting around 2pm today and lasting to 9 or 10pm..These however are not supposed to be as bad as last nights flurry.

Got to tell you something here. I was not sure how to handle this situation.....what would you have done?

Last night I was sitting in my recliner watching the storms on the TV and I heard a weather radio go off.. I got up and looked out my back door and a neighbor who lives about 20 houses down the road was standing on my back porch with a duffel bag, and back pack and a weather radio.

I stepped out and recognized who he was, but said what are you doing? He said listening to the storms. I asked why are you on my back porch? He said he wanted to use our storm shelter if a tornado decides to touch down..

I said well, I know two people who are going to be inside the shelter for sure but it looks like we wont be having any tornados tonight in this area.

He said: That's why I a m listening to my weather radio....

I stepped back inside and sat down and that guy stood on my back porch for 30 minutes or more, then left.

We made it through last nights round. We are supposed to have another flurry of storms starting around 2pm today and lasting to 9 or 10pm..These however are not supposed to be as bad as last nights flurry.

Got to tell you something here. I was not sure how to handle this situation.....what would you have done?

Last night I was sitting in my recliner watching the storms on the TV and I heard a weather radio go off.. I got up and looked out my back door and a neighbor who lives about 20 houses down the road was standing on my back porch with a duffel bag, and back pack and a weather radio.

I stepped out and recognized who he was, but said what are you doing? He said listening to the storms. I asked why are you on my back porch? He said he wanted to use our storm shelter if a tornado decides to touch down..

I said well, I know two people who are going to be inside the shelter for sure but it looks like we wont be having any tornados tonight in this area.

He said: That's why I a m listening to my weather radio....

I stepped back inside and sat down and that guy stood on my back porch for 30 minutes or more, then left.

:doh:Did he help pay for, dig or construct your shelter, is he a biker, do you owe him your life? If not.:thumbdown:

I probably would have lent him a shovel and encouraged him to dig his own shelter. In his yard of course.:whistling:

You know Eck, that guy was probably thinking what a dummy you were doing that storm shelter, and he was the first to want to use it. Did he help pay for it, help to install it, then hell with him, the nerve of some people huh.

First off that tells me you have no locked gate free access to your yard

I would've been pissed him being in my back yard that also tells me he has no regard or respect toward you or Konnie if he had he would've knocked on your door first asking permission also now days anybody gets hurt on your property your liable

Edited by buddy

First off that tells me you have no locked gate free access to your yard

I would've been pissed him being in my back yard that also tells me he has no regard or respect toward you or Charlene if he had he would've knocked on your door first asking permission also now days anybody gets hurt on your property your liable

You coulda at least offered to chain him to a tree so he wouldn't get blowed away in a tornado.

I met this guy about three weeks ago. He is renting a home from a friend of mine down the street. I was down at my friends house helping them move out and this guy showed up and I found out he was moving in. Heck, I don't even remember what this guys name was after being introduced to him by my friend.

Anyway, no he did not dig, rake or pay for any part of my shelter.

Last night I decided to extend my kindness (for that moment), and not say anything to him about being on my back porch or in my back yard or having free access to my shelter.

Now that I thought about it more and slept on it, I will be speaking to him next time I see him to ensure he knows how I feel about him just walking into my back yard and standing on my back porch. That better never happen again. I will also be telling him to never come onto my property again with out first ringing the door bell located by my front door.

As for use of the shelter, I will leave this discussion alone (for now) because if a tornado ever does come this way, I really don't want to be telling him or anyone that they can not come into it for safety, (unless it is at max limit when they arrive).

I mean the shelter only holds so many.. so first come first serve would be fine with me no matter who they are. Friend or no friend.

I do like the idea of handing him a shovel though and telling him to start digging his own.. :whistling: