IGNORED

Best Battery for 07 Midnight Venture ?

Well, I killed a nice lead acid battery in my 2007 Midnight Venture. I left the key in the ACC position for about 2 weeks. Stick a fork in it, its done. Won't even blow the horn after being on the Charger for 2 days. I assume that is a about $100 dollar mistake. :headache:

My question is what is a good battery that can be charged on a REGULAR battery charger\tender ? :confused24:

No special chargers for me... I need to be able to buy my replacement charger anywhere. It gets used on lawnmowers the other bike, tractor etc. With one going into college soon money is an issue.

Does that regulate me to lead acid batteries ? (Non AGM)

What is the stock battery for this bike ?

Thanks!

You are going to get a lot of different answers, by my opinion is the interstate battery. I've used interstates for years and get a good 5 years pit of them. First Gen interstate battery even has the plug for the battery light.

I do like Interstate batteries.

I bought a Deka AGM from Sky-doc for my 1st gen and am happy with it. And then bought a Deka ETX20L from him for my MM. Happy with it too.

When needed, I've charged them with my "smart" electronic charger without incident so far. It won't bring any totally dead battery back to life unless I hook another battery in tandem with it to fool the charger.

The last Interstate Motorcycle Battery I bought at Northern Tool is a rebranded Yuasa battery which is what the bike came with (Yuasa). They were having sale so I paid 80.00 I think. I replaced my 7 year old OEM Yuasa Battery this year and the OEM one was still starting the bike. I'm using the old one to run my bubbler for my bait well.

The key to the Yuasa/Interstate batteries is servicing them and charging them before putting them in the bike. Follow the instructions to the letter. I let the battery stand for close to an hour after adding the acid charge. Then seal it, then charge for the recommended time. Watch that it doesn't get to hot while charging. You cannot fully charge a new battery by riding the bike.This is the cause for most premature battery failures or complaints about short battery life.

As long as you have a charger with a low amp out put (2 amp setting is typical slow charge on most automotive chargers) you'll be fine, just don't leave it hooked up all the time. Yuasa makes a nice charger/battery tender that's not alot of money (59.00ish) if you want something you can leave hooked up all the time.

I do like Interstate batteries.

I bought a Deka AGM from Sky-doc for my 1st gen and am happy with it. And then bought a Deka ETX20L from him for my MM. Happy with it too.

When needed, I've charged them with my "smart" electronic charger without incident so far. It won't bring any totally dead battery back to life unless I hook another battery in tandem with it to fool the charger.

My battery had died the same death and wouldn't charge...i used the above method and it came back to life. Too bad, i had ordered a new one during that time, and now i have ended up with two working batteries.:bang head::mo money::bawling:

My 5 year old Yuasa oem had a sitting voltage of 12.4V with over 34K miles and every winter has been supplying me with needed power for my Gerbings. I know it would still start my bike, but I think keeping my old battery longer is on borrowed time. A premature death of the batt is imminent. So I decided to stay with the trusted Yuasa brand and now I also have the peace of mind as I ride far away from home knowing my bike will start with confidence.