IGNORED

New Saddlebag lid covers

Freebird

Got my new saddlebag lid covers week before last from Nanci at AceHighLeathers. Finally had time to install them today and I tell you, I couldn't be happier with them. Nanci does fantastic work and is a pleasure to work with.

I can't tell you what they would cost because I bought the fabric and braid over a year ago. I was looking for something to closely match my Hopnel tank and trunk bibs and bought this material with plans of trying to make my own. Finally decided I wouldn't ever do it and sent the materials to Nanci.

Here are a couple of pictures. I pretty much just told Nanci to do what she wanted with them because I knew that they would turn out great. Like I said, I couldn't be more pleased.

She is a class act. Check out her other items for the RSV here:

http://www.acehighleathers.com/motorcycle/other-cool-stuff/

Thank you for the compliments Don! I did not enjoy my work as much as I do now. I am constantly in touch with Yamaha owners and boy do you guys have a sense a humor!

FYI, these would be considered custom covers and the prices would differ depending on what you would want.

Now about the speedos....the hardest part was figuring out just where to put the decorative braid which he requested as he wanted those to match the bib, lid covers and the trunk covers. :rotf:

Oh and Don, as they say on the V Four's Rock forum, "it don't mean nothing without a picture". :080402gudl_prv:

Are the covers lined with something soft and fuzzy?

No, but the back of the fabric is soft enough that there shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you for the compliments Don! I did not enjoy my work as much as I do now. I am constantly in touch with Yamaha owners and boy do you guys have a sense a humor!

FYI, these would be considered custom covers and the prices would differ depending on what you would want.

Now about the speedos....the hardest part was figuring out just where to put the decorative braid which he requested as he wanted those to match the bib, lid covers and the trunk covers. :rotf:

Oh and Don, as they say on the V Four's Rock forum, "it don't mean nothing without a picture". :080402gudl_prv:

As much as I would love to post pictures, getting somebody to take them seems to be an issue. Reactions would seem to vary between intense giggling or running and screaming. :confused24:

• 4 months later...

Thanks again Don! For anyone interested, Don had purchased some vinyl which is very similar in pattern to his Hopnel accessories. I was able to bring the vinyl into his saddlebag covers and had a bit of vinyl left over. Don told me to keep it.

So if you have Hopnel accessories like Don's now is the time to ask for a gas cap cover, as I have a small amount of vinyl left and I'm not sure if I can locate the same pattern.

Take a look at the gas caps on this page:

http://www.acehighleathers.com/motorcycle/other-cool-stuff/

Prices start at $50 plus $5 shipping.

Spring has sprung! Be safe and enjoy!