IGNORED

JM headsets about to go in the toilet!

Aimhigh

Our headsets have been intermittant (at best) for some time now...yesterday's ride they were unusable. What is the best way to have them repaired...take to dealer, or where? Or, should we just replace them...if so, with what?

I just bought a new set of Elite J & M off of ebay. Being delivered Teusday. Regularly $219. I made an offer of $145 and they took it. Free shipping. Coming from a Honda Dealer. They are sealed units. Plastic is molded over the components, you ain't getting them apart without destroying them. They beez disposable.

I had the same problem with the orignal cables that came from my J&M helmet speakers/mike. First one became intermittant in the left channel, and then it quit completely. I swapped the cable between my helmet and my wifes, and yes, it was the short top cable that connects to the helmet plug. Mine were still under warranty (2 yrs.), so I called J&M and they told me to send it to them. About a week later a new one arrived. When my wife's went bad, (again the left channel), mine were out of warranty, but I called them anyway. Same routine....The told me to mail them my bad connector and a new one returned a week later, but no charge. Call J&M and see what they can do for you.

Frank

Warranty Registration for J&M Products

How to contact J&M

Phone Toll Free in U.S and Canada: 1-800-358-0881

Outside the U.S.A. 1-520-624-7000

FAX (24 hour) 1-520-624-6202

J&M Corporation

1415 South Cherry Avenue

Tucson, Arizona 85713-1997

USA

Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST

(closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)

I had the same problem with the orignal cables that came from my J&M helmet speakers/mike. First one became intermittant in the left channel, and then it quit completely. I swapped the cable between my helmet and my wifes, and yes, it was the short top cable that connects to the helmet plug. Mine were still under warranty (2 yrs.), so I called J&M and they told me to send it to them. About a week later a new one arrived. When my wife's went bad, (again the left channel), mine were out of warranty, but I called them anyway. Same routine....The told me to mail them my bad connector and a new one returned a week later, but no charge. Call J&M and see what they can do for you.

Frank

Warranty Registration for J&M Products

How to contact J&M

Phone Toll Free in U.S and Canada: 1-800-358-0881

Outside the U.S.A. 1-520-624-7000

FAX (24 hour) 1-520-624-6202

J&M Corporation

1415 South Cherry Avenue

Tucson, Arizona 85713-1997

USA

Hours of operation: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST

(closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays)

I'll second this...sent 2 headsets back in to them in the last two years,they fixed or replaced at no charge, even out of warrenty. They did say if there were to be a charge it would probably be a small fee.

I have had a total of 9 cables replaced in the last 3 years (all under warranty). The stress point in the cable is just below where it attaches to the helmet. They seem to be aware of this and replace my cables, no questions asked. I am thoroughly displeased with the fact that I have to keep replacing these stupid things, but at least they are taking good care of their customer.

What happens is after a few weeks of use, the audio becomes intermittent (sometimes only the right ear works, sometimes only the left and sometimes none at all) until it just fails all together.

I wish there was a good alternative or that they would make the cables a few inches longer.