IGNORED

Diesel fuel

CaptainJoe

Just a heads up for anyone with a diesel engine...

It seems what the gov. did to our gasoline, they are doing to our diesel fuel.

My injector pump on the 230 Massey freguson started leaking.

I took it off and went to Mountaineer Diesel in St Albans WV.

Can you guess what was the first words out of his mouth were?

You got it... they are putting things in the fuel that are literally eating the inside of the diesel pumps out.... same as what ethanol is doing to all of our carbs...

Who is making these decisions anyway?

Going to cost me +600 for a rebuild and I'm seeing RED!

Well farm diesel is red aint it? Also it dont conform to the "low sulpher" rules either I belive. But still I get what your saying. Its sort of like the cash for clunkers thing. Took perfectly good cars folks had and crushed them, put them in debt in the name of "cleaning" the environment. I really dont think I need the governments help like this.

Edited by djh3

All these changes brought to you by the largest Environmental Terrorist organization on earth (AKA U.S. EPA) Hold onto your wallets, it's only gonna get worse with the current leadership in place.

20 years from now we'll be dealing with massive Mercury pollution from all their mandated CFL bulbs that will end up in the landfills. Another reason for them to pick our pockets :mo money:

Guest tx2sturgis
All these changes brought to you by the largest Environmental Terrorist organization on earth (AKA U.S. EPA) Hold onto your wallets, it's only gonna get worse with the current leadership in place.

20 years from now we'll be dealing with massive Mercury pollution from all their mandated CFL bulbs that will end up in the landfills. Another reason for them to pick our pockets :mo money:

I agree the EPA is way out of control. But they arent 'mandating' CFLs...actually Congress and Ex President George Bush are primarily responsible for all of the new laws in effect that limit incandesent bulbs...and most likely LED lamps will edge out the CFLs anyway. But you will still be able to buy SOME types of incandescent bulbs when the law takes full effect.

Not trying to be political, just passing along some info.

I agree the EPA is way out of control. But they arent 'mandating' CFLs...actually Congress and Ex President George Bush are primarily responsible for all of the new laws in effect that limit incandesent bulbs...and most likely LED lamps will edge out the CFLs anyway. But you will still be able to buy SOME types of incandescent bulbs when the law takes full effect.

Not trying to be political, just passing along some info.

You are correct, but, it will fall to the EPA when they see the cfl's causing trouble.

My statement wasn't meant to be political, other than to say the current powers that be are giving the EPA free reign over this country. Economy be damned. :2cents:

Well, how is this for stupid.

The EPA is getting ready to mandate E15 in all gasoline.

I just purchased a new pressure washer with a Honda gas engine.

Warning label on the engine states it is a violation of Federal law to run E-15 or E-85 in the engine..... Duh :bang head: :bang head:

Just a heads up for anyone with a diesel engine...

It seems what the gov. did to our gasoline, they are doing to our diesel fuel.

My injector pump on the 230 Massey freguson started leaking.

I took it off and went to Mountaineer Diesel in St Albans WV.

Can you guess what was the first words out of his mouth were?

You got it... they are putting things in the fuel that are literally eating the inside of the diesel pumps out.... same as what ethanol is doing to all of our carbs...

Who is making these decisions anyway?

Going to cost me +600 for a rebuild and I'm seeing RED!

It's not what they put in it it's what they took out. Sulfur is a lubricant and diesel now has almost no sulfur.

Guest tx2sturgis
Well, how is this for stupid.

The EPA is getting ready to mandate E15 in all gasoline.

I just purchased a new pressure washer with a Honda gas engine.

Warning label on the engine states it is a violation of Federal law to run E-15 or E-85 in the engine..... Duh :bang head: :bang head:

I fueled (gasoline) from this pump in Sydney Nebraska on the way back from Sturgis a few weeks ago.

The yellow sticker just above the E-85 nozzle says "STOP, NOT GASOLINE".

I dont know how the gov-mint could 'mandate' non-gasoline. This 'fuel' is for 'flex-fueled' vehicles only.

It a was a tad cheaper, but un-usable in a motorcycle.

Just another reason why I carry an extra gallon of gasoline in a small container in the saddlebag when travelling thru the cornbelt.

Edited by tx2sturgis

It's cheaper but not as efficent as gasoline so you are actually paying more for mile.

How true. Depending on who's stats you look at, you can loose from 12 - 17% in fuel economy using E85.....

But we are saving the environment. With all the corn going to ethanol, less feed for livestock and human consumption. This results in less Methane gas release into the air......:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gotta love those environmentalist. Go hug a tree (or make luv to a porcupine)

:15_8_211[1]:

I know most here hate the e 15 or e85 whatever they call it where your at. I dont care for it because it drys out seals etc. As far as performance goes our bikes are carb's right. I know for a fact that we rran carb'd race cars off straight ethanol and they made way more power and ran cooler. Didnt get the milage of gas but still they ran fine actually cooler. It requires some carb tuning but could be done. But if the carbs are tuned for alchol and then you run gas I think its way to fat (rich) but if all the gas goes to e85 why cant the carbs be tuned to run it?

I know most here hate the e 15 or e85 whatever they call it where your at. I dont care for it because it drys out seals etc. As far as performance goes our bikes are carb's right. I know for a fact that we rran carb'd race cars off straight ethanol and they made way more power and ran cooler. Didnt get the milage of gas but still they ran fine actually cooler. It requires some carb tuning but could be done. But if the carbs are tuned for alchol and then you run gas I think its way to fat (rich) but if all the gas goes to e85 why cant the carbs be tuned to run it?

Because your race engine and race carb was designed to run on ethanol. Besides if you manage to get a whole season out of a race engine before it needs a rebuild, you will be happy. I certainly hope to get a lot more than a year out of my daily drivers between major overhauls. I also ran straight ethanol in my stock car. Ya it made good power, but it also destroyed the aluminum parts of the engine including the carb. We had to shut off the fuel pump and feed race gas into the carb to flush out all of the ethanol, at the end of each nights racing just to get some life out of the heads, intakes and carbs.

Yea sometimes when firing it up we had to use gas to get it to light the first time after itting a week or so. I ran aviation gas in mine. Still pretty ruff on rubber stuf though. Well the burocrats are all college edumacated and been studyin up for alot of years so they got to be smarter than us rite? Send them all packing in Nov. Let them try to get a job in this economy.