Is it a easy to add a air pump for the mono air shock on the RSTD? Should I get one from a RSV or is there an after market set up. Id just like the convenience of adding air on the fly rather than stopping at gas station to add air.

I'm a new owner of a '06 RSTD. I bought the Progressive Suspension pump with a range from 0-60 psi. It takes about five minutes to air up both ends and from what I can tell, there was absolutely NO air loss while I was removing the pump. Airing the rear up to 40 psi resulted in a noticeable improvement in handling. There was about 10 psi when I started. I am keeping the front at 4-5 psi. The ride is somewhat firm but definitely NOT harsh or rough at these pressures.

Davo

The small hand pump works great, is inexpensive, etc. I run about 30 - 35 psi rear, 5 psi front and this works well for me. I just checked my pressure last week for the first time in about 2 months and there had been no air loss. Pretty reliable system I think.

• 1 month later...

Just the HD pump or one made like it. Zero air loss is the kicker not something you will get with a bicycle pump. The front forks take such a small volume of air if you try and check them with a gauge you will loose what air you have and will end up with and imbalance in your forks which may lead to handling problems. Better to have 0 psi up front till you have one of these pumps.

Stopped at the Harley dealer 50.00 but they said they have a new generation digital one arriving soon for 10.00 more.

Save the $10 bucks and put $2 dollars with it and join up you will get a better return on your investment. Besides the gauge works just fine.