IGNORED

rear Arm rest covers. P/N ?

ragtop69gs

they will come off without destorying them, they are tough as nails and held on with 2 face tape, just grab an edge and give em a tug, you couldn't tear one if you tried.

if you pull them off slow and easy, you can often re-use the original tape.

mike

I just had mine off. If you are careful not only will you not need new ones but you can reapply them and have them stick pretty good. Before I got the first one off I thought it was just a flat piece of vinyl. It is actually a formed (injection molded?) piece that has some good heft to it and as long as you are careful it shouldn't tear, rip or get deformed.

I will likely redo the sticky stuff at some point but for now they are stuck back on pretty good with the glue that they started with. Rode about 200miles today and no issues. IE: They were still there when I got back -LOL

sp!ke

I need the part number for the rear Arm rest covers on my 2nd gen. I'm going to change out the rear speakers tomorrow and want to be prepared if I need new ones.

What is the best way to remove the vinyl covers without destroying them ?

They are held on with double sided tape. Mine came off fairly easy. I used a small flat blade screwdriver and worked it under the edge of the pad. Once I got the blade under the edge, I could work it around under the whole pad and pull the pad up. I think I added new double sided tape when I put them back on.

Earl

I NEED A SET TO REPLACE MISSING ONES ON MY CURRENT RSV BUILDER PROJECT!

YOU COULD BUY NEW ONES AND SEND ME YOUR OLD ONES!! SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN!!:cool10:

MIKE

I don't need new ones, pulled them, put in the Polks and was able to reuse them with a shot of 3M 77 adhesive spray.

Are you working on the bike you picked up (stole) in Michigan ?

Yes thats the one. I still need antenna's and mounts and about every damn bolt that holds rear fender and all rear bags and hardware in place, along with rear crash bars... I need a fellow that has all the leftovers from a trike kit. No i dont need bags. Just bolts and bars

From what I understand (though I've never tried it) if you get them warm they're a lot easier to pull off.

I was told to set the bike in the sun for awhile and warm them up.

Just FYI for others who haven't done theirs yet.