IGNORED

Color codes

alwrmcusn

Bring or SHIP one of your saddle bags to them ASAP...

They do not go off the color codes they need a perfect match ,

your own saddle bag will do that..they also will send back your

saddle bag in the trike create when it is delivered to your installer

then SELL it :-)

They also have that color already on a test panel most likely CALL THEM..

Jeff

A few years back I put a Bat Wing fairing on my VN 900. I wanted it to match the bike so I looked into different paints. I found out thru many discussions that although color rite is the ONLY company that makes paint to mathc motorcycles its not allways the same. I would say it was 40/60 on happy vs the paint didnt match. And the price was crazy. My painter said I needed maybe a qt. I think it was $200 for a qt with all the additives plus shipping. My guy matched up the paint with a supplier he had and they painted the entire thing for what I would have had in paint alone. I hope it works for you. My luck would be they would loose the saddlebag.

• 2 weeks later...

It just proves that they are trying to do a good job for you. In order to match existing paint, it is pretty much essential to have the color code AND something original to match it to. There are a number of reasons. The original paint could be a little faded so then the new paint would not match. Even if it's not faded, the color can vary a bit based upon how thick and/or how many coats of paint are used. It's just almost impossible to match existing paint without something to compare it to. The color code alone just won't do it.

Thanks...the bag is on it's way to Murray. Met Randy and Kim (www.volunteercyclesandtrikes.com) this past weekend. Nice folks. Waiting for them to call and tell me when my kite will be available for installation. Apparently it takes 5-7 weeks to build each kit, paint etc. Sure am anxious. We have a couple of longish trips planned for May.