IGNORED

Encounter with a moron

Venturous Randy

Linda and I decided to take off Tuesday morning without a particular destination for a day or so. After going thru Pigeon Forge for lunch and then down the the Foothills Parkway to 129, this seemed like a good time to show Linda the Dragon as she was wearing my 2nd Vogal Tail of the Dragon t shirt. After a visit at Deal's gap, we continued down 129 then turned north to pick up another mountain road that took us to Robbinsville, NC.

Whenever we turned left on the 45mph highway, in a mile or so we had a silver Toyota pickup right on us. In a couple of miles we were turning right and you got it, he turned right behind us. Since we had several hundred feet of straight road in front of us, I slowed to about 15mph and motioned him around. After waving my arm several times, he finally came around and as soon as he was beside me he ran me to the very edge of the road and gave me the finger out the back window. He then took off and after getting a hundred or so feet in front of me, he slams his brakes on. I just slowed down and he finally went on. I really wish I had gotten his tag number as several miles up this narrow two lane road we met a NC Highway Patrolman. It was a bit disconcerting not knowing if we were going to encounter this moron again.

I have absolutely no idea what got into him as I was just trying to be nice in slowing down and motioning him around me on a road I had never been on before.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

We have them morons in Kentucky to, that is why I carry a weapon. I will shoot a moron if he threatens my family or friends with a vehicle (deadly force). If you are on a bike, you are vonerable.

I have had this to happen to me too. This individual was behind me and trying to run me over, for no reason from me. I think they where some ignorant teenagers. But when I reached for the side arm, things changed and they backed off and left me well alone. I was, at that time, not even packing. I just reached my hand into my saddle bag. I had soft bags on a Honda Magna.

I would not like to think of killing some one. I do however know that I could hurt them bad enough that I can stop their threat.

Glad this worked out for you all. Was this moron by himself ?

Fuzzy

Well, personally, I think you were giving him far more credit for intelligence than he deserved. I've met some real morons and they seemed brighter than how you describe this guy. So...what is more stupid then a moron? Imbecile? Dolt? Politician? Chimpanzee? Rock?

Andy

Linda and I decided to take off Tuesday morning without a particular destination for a day or so. After going thru Pigeon Forge for lunch and then down the the Foothills Parkway to 129, this seemed like a good time to show Linda the Dragon as she was wearing my 2nd Vogal Tail of the Dragon t shirt. After a visit at Deal's gap, we continued down 129 then turned north to pick up another mountain road that took us to Robbinsville, NC.

Whenever we turned left on the 45mph highway, in a mile or so we had a silver Toyota pickup right on us. In a couple of miles we were turning right and you got it, he turned right behind us. Since we had several hundred feet of straight road in front of us, I slowed to about 15mph and motioned him around. After waving my arm several times, he finally came around and as soon as he was beside me he ran me to the very edge of the road and gave me the finger out the back window. He then took off and after getting a hundred or so feet in front of me, he slams his brakes on. I just slowed down and he finally went on. I really wish I had gotten his tag number as several miles up this narrow two lane road we met a NC Highway Patrolman. It was a bit disconcerting not knowing if we were going to encounter this moron again.

I have absolutely no idea what got into him as I was just trying to be nice in slowing down and motioning him around me on a road I had never been on before.

RandyA

I had a similar incident like that earlier this year, so I got the clowns license number and desription of the truck, so at the next stop I called the state police and gave them the info and explained what had happened, they thanked me and before I got to the other end of town they had him pulled over, must have had a trooper nearby. I gave them the direction he was headed and they must have contacted the trooper right away. I have the state police on speed dial on my phone. Bikes are dangerous enough and we accept the risks but goofballs like that don't make it any easier out there. Shame he did that even with your wife with you. I know a guy that rides and also carries, makes you think what craizies are out there.

Dang Randy, I understand the reluctance to pull on that right wrist with the wife on there, but if I were in the same situation, I'd just blast it and get the heck away from them. After all, you are on the Purple Dragon Slayer!

Dang Randy, I understand the reluctance to pull on that right wrist with the wife on there, but if I were in the same situation, I'd just blast it and get the heck away from them. After all, you are on the Purple Dragon Slayer!

It was a thought, but not knowing the road and wanting to just get away from him, I just wanted him to go on. Given he had already run me to the very edge of the road, there was no way of knowing what he might try next.

RandyA