IGNORED

Binned the RSTD yesterday

Left the Caltex servo at Batemans Bay 160klms from home for a overnight ride in the pouring rain heading to Tathra anothe 160 klms south with 2 other riders, about 5klms south the RTA has taken out the left hand lane dropped the speed limit to 60klms and painted out the double white lines on a slight corner at the start of their taper. Well the rear hit the paint and i was gone high sided slid throughin over the road into the oncoming lane (thank God none was coming)and hit my head and various other parts of my body on the gaurdrail i was unconsious for a few mins Ambo arrived dont remember to much about the fall but thankfolly the 2 mates and a Dr on his way to work fixed me up.I was in i fair bit of pain and had to endure a 25 min Ambo ride to Moruya for a CT scan,after discharge (Noeline wife )had driven to meet me and as always to take the sore body home.In the hospital i was breathalysed and the Highway cop told me that normally i would have been charged with Neg Driving but on the testimony of the 2 mates and the Dr and he could see what had happened he was going to let me off.As you can imagine the bike took a beating Noeline and Alana(Daughter) went to the NRMA holding yard in the Bay to retreive my gear fron the panniers one bloke said rightoff one said probably repair the thing is parts are fairly rear in Oz as not a lot of XVZ around in wreckers and new body parts would be impossible to obtain.After all i am feeling a bit battered and bruised but im alive to talk about it thankfully.

Edited by teza51
Spelling mistake

Terry,

Very glad that it's you here telling the story, I have done that dance at 70 mph and was lucky for the wife and I to walk away from it. Sorry to hear about the bike, but any crash you can walk away from is a good thing....all the best mate.

Yes helmets are compulsary in Oz looking at mine after the accident dont think i would have survived without it i also believe that there should be a minimun dress standard to stop persons riding in shorts and teeshirts.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you come out of that in one piece. Them yellow painted lines will really get you. I work for the state hwy dept. here, and I have stopped and checked the roadways a lot. When I am in the tandem salt truck and the weather says rain to snow or ice, the first place I check for freezing is the yellow painted line and the bridges. If it is frozen then it won't be long till the rest of the roadway will freeze. The painted lines will get greasy in the summer and the rain makes it worse. Be careful and ride safe.

Fuzzy

I am sorry to hear that youre banged up and sore, but happy to hear that youre going ot be ok. The bike can be fixed or replaced, you cant......so take your time and heal properly and listen to your docs and your woman.....lol!

Brian